Hi everyone,

I thought it would be good to keep a single thread that will broadcast any new releases, updates and such for our games. To begin things, we just launched our first Windows Phone Game. We ported the action shooter Gun Frenzy from the Windows Store to Windows Phone. It was a fairly straight forward port and through a fair bit of optimization effort, we were able to retain almost all of the graphical goodness while still running smoothly on windows phone.

Here's a link.

Here is an existing forum thread with pictures and even an in-progress video. The Windows Phone version has touch screen controls and some layout changes in the GUI but is otherwise identical to that of the Windows Store version. It's also a universal app so any in-app purchases you make (except consumables) are maintained across both devices!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ows-phone.html

Otherwise, we are now continuing work on our next release, Demon's Bane, which is a turn-based RPG. Very similar to XCOM, except in a fantasy setting (and without any base building). We would like to get some beta testers for this game as well as future updates to Gun Frenzy. Would anyone be interested? We'll send out beta testing link for our games that will allow a free download and will allow us to tweak our games before release.
    Last edited by WaveLightGames; 07-13-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2014 04:42 PM
    By the way, the next update to Gun Frenzy will include a weapons upgrade pack .... a whole host of sci-fi weapons for you to vaporize your enemies with! Will post screenshots here once they are ready.
    07-07-2014 04:43 PM
    Thanks for supporting our platform with new games that look fun. Good luck with your games.
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    07-07-2014 07:30 PM
    Here are some preview pictures of the first level of Demon's Bane. In this game, you lead a party of 6 heroes into a dungeon and battle against various nasty enemies in a hex-based / turn-based strategy game.

battle1.jpg

battle-2.jpg
    07-08-2014 09:03 AM
    Demon's bane will be a Windows Phone and Windows Store release when it comes out. Will work great on PC's, tablets and hopefully phones. The biggest challenge for the phone port will be changing the GUI to work on a small screen, I suspect.
    07-08-2014 09:04 AM
    How do we enrol for beta?
    07-08-2014 09:24 AM
    I believe all I'll need is your Microsoft ID .... so just send via PM. I'm hoping to have the first beta release for Demon's Bane by the end of this week. Will keep you all posted.
    07-08-2014 11:58 AM
    I think I'd like to hold off on beta testing for Demon's Bane for a while longer, actually. I'd like to get some stuff ironed out before releasing the first few levels for testing.

I took some photos of later levels of Gun Frenzy. These show the newer layout, touch stick controls and some of the nasty bosses and enemies you'll see as you progress in the game.

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

screenshot10.jpg

As I took these screenshots, I realized that the final boss was left with very low life total and so dies with only a single shot. I had made him weak during testing to make sure that the levels transitioned to the ending scene when he died and forgot to put his life total back to the proper value. I'll fix this in the next update. If you do want to finish the game quickly ... I'd say try and finish it before the next update. :)

The next version will also feature some graphical improvements as I have found a good way to add more shadows to the game without heavily impacting performance and I want to add a new sci-fi weapon pack as a new in-app purchase. Look for it sometime this week.
    07-09-2014 10:19 PM
    For those that missed it .... here is the link to Gun Frenzy in the Windows Phone Store:

Gun Frenzy | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    07-09-2014 10:20 PM
    Hi guys, it appears that Gun Frenzy doesn't work well on 512 MB devices and crashes a lot during the gameplay levels. Sorry for that ... I wasn't able to test on a 512 MB device during testing and I was told that it worked on a 520 so I thought it did. Sorry for the inconvenience. I've put up an update that should restrict it to 1GB and higher devices.
    07-13-2014 09:11 AM
    Quick update ... we were able to get Gun Frenzy to work on 512 MB devices. If you have such a device, please download / update and it should work smoothly. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Next update to Gun Frenzy will include several gameplay improvements as well as 6 new weapons. Here are some preview pics:

Flame Thrower and Laser Pistol in Action:

flamethrower-1.pngflamethrower-2.pnglaser-pistol-3.png
    07-24-2014 07:05 AM