I always wanted to help my kids understand what I do for a living at Microsoft. So, a few years ago, I started writing a game, Dry E-racer, along with my kids (not as a Microsoft job function, obviously :-)) to help them better appreciate everything that it takes to write software and build applications.

Toward the middle of that process, work got super busy (you've heard of Cortana, right?) so we had to put the game on hold til this spring.

We just completed our game, and its in the store now. Check it out. Hopefully you'll be surprised at how well the kids did with the concepts, game levels, the level editor, the graphics, etc...

Each of the boys (ranging in age from 5 to 14 when we started) has had major contributions to the game design, graphics, and/or interaction flow.

You can download Dry E-racer here in the WP store: http://aka.robch.com/1n7xxA3

Thanks...
    Rob (+Zac, Nic, Jac, and Bec)

PS - You can also find me on twitter @spacetimeglitch, usually discussing Cortana features, news, or developer extensibility. But I'd be happy to discuss Dry E-racer there too...
    07-09-2014 10:48 AM
    Welcome, Rob - and thanks for sharing your game with us. I'll have to check it out!
    07-09-2014 10:57 AM