[FREE] [APP] Gratitude Journal - a beautiful happiness journal

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I noticed there was a lack of beautiful, functional gratitude journals in the store, so I decided I'd try my hand at creating one. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts so I can make it better!

100% FREE & AD-FREE!

What is a Gratitude Journal?
It's a place for you to record 3-5 things that happened today that you are grateful for. You can choose to write an entry daily, on alternate days, weekly, etc; it's up to you! We all know life has both happy and unhappy moments. When you're feeling down, flip through your past entries to help inspire yourself to keep pressing forward. And then find something to be grateful for about that day and write it down.

When your attitude changes to one of gratefulness, you will find that your self-confidence and happiness will increase, and this will lead to other aspects of your life improving as well. Don't believe me? Try it and see for yourself!!

For more tips to help you on your way, check out the following links:
11 Tips for a Powerful Gratitude Journal
What Oprah Knows for Sure About Gratitude

Features:
- Gesture-based user interface makes it easy and intuitive to use
- Auto-save entries
- Backup & Restore from OneDrive
- Record an entry using your voice!
- 6 different font options for personalizing the look of your journal entries
- Location and weather are saved with each entry
- Colourful design; feel happy using this app!

Gratitude Journal | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

promoImage1.png

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FREE] [APP] Gratitude Journal

Hey thanks! A nice idea! I would like to ask (and possibly request) is there a speech option?

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi Ven07,

There isn't right now, but that's a great suggestion! I will do what I can to add in that feature for a future update. Thanks for the idea!

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Hey thanks for the app, looks good too!

But I gotta ask, what exactly is a gratitude journal? What does it have over normal journals?

Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Hey thanks for the app, looks good too!

But I gotta ask, what exactly is a gratitude journal? What does it have over normal journals?

Thanks!

The dev is the one to answer your question, but this is my take on it. The journal is a simple calendar like app, but you can add stories to the days :)
Like if you finally did sth great and your dad told you how proud he was of you :p or the day your child took his first step or the day a friend told you to go to vegas and you met the girl of your dreams etc My examples were all major ones, but even small everyday victories could be added.. And whenever you're down just take out your phone, read through the stories and remember how good your life actually is

Last edited:

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Hey hs k,

Ven07 is correct. A gratitude journal is simply a place where you can keep a daily/regular record of the things that made you feel grateful, happy, inspired or generally positive. With most of us living busy lives, we sometimes forget to just live in the moment and appreciate the big and small things that make each day special.

Developing an attitude of gratitude can actually help with all aspects of your life. By being aware and thankful for what you do have, instead of what you don't, your emotional well-being, self-confidence and happiness could all exponentially increase.

For this app in particular, I designed it so you could use each entry as a normal journal entry instead. (No text at the top of each entry saying "Today, I am grateful for..."). Type whatever you like. :grin: In future updates, I may add inspirational/gratitude quotes, and this would more clearly define it as a gratitude journal. Speaking about the design of this app, I did go for happy and cheerful colors, as I wanted users to feel peaceful/happy/positive while using the app.

This link has some nice tips for writing entries, and if you're into famous people, Oprah wrote a reflection on keeping a gratitude journal as well.

Hope this answers your question!

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

That's sounds incredibly great! I never knew I needed this, well it has been a pretty hard summer for me, so it would be great.

Thanks guys for clearing up the question!

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Might I add the suggestion of the app backing the journal entries to one drive? Also, the font looks beautiful but a bit unclear. A setting for changing the font sizes would be good.

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Backing up the entries is definitely something I'm planning to include. Funnily enough, I just finished talking to my friend about the best way to integrate this feature. Thanks for the suggestion on changing the font sizes, I'll keep that in mind!

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Updated! :grin:

Changelog:
- Voice recognition feature added
- About and help information added within the app.
- Emoticon and other keyboard language support
- Bug fixes

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Updated with:
- Backup & Restore From OneDrive is now here!!
- Fixed bug where weather icon wouldn't display when going back to an entry
- Changed positioning of the weather icon on the journal entry pages
- Changed color of the microphone to a lighter blue

I'd love to know what you think!

Last edited:

Chethan G1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [100% FREE] [APP] Gratitude Journal

Thank you for this wonderful app! I love your idea. should hopefully help me feel better about life. Installing it right away!!

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: [100% FREE] [APP] Gratitude Journal

Chethan G1: I hope you'll get a lot of use out of this app! Best of luck overcoming life's difficulties. :)

In general news, the store icon has been redesigned, and will probably undergo a few more revisions before it reaches its final 'look'.

I'd just like to also say thank you to everyone for your encouraging words/reviews!! The app has reached 300 downloads, and it wouldn't have been possible without the WP Central forums. It's a great place to promote apps. So grateful!!! :excited::excited::excited:

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Updated with the option to choose from 6 different fonts for the journal entries. Also, clicking on the date on the first page of the app will now lead you directly to write an entry for that date! I'm open to suggestions for other font options as well.

Let me know what you think about the new update!

Also, this app was reviewed by WP Central last week! Thank you to everyone for trying my app, reviewing, and messaging me with further tips and suggestions. They are invaluable! :smile:

wp_ss_20141002_0006.png

wp_ss_20141002_0008.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea