[APP] Racing One, your Formula One companion

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've made a windows phone Formula 1 app.

This app brings you all the information about Formula One. The live feed gives you live information during the race, qualification and practice.

Features:
- Upcoming race
- Life Feed
- Standings
- News
- Calendar
- Full race info

The full version costs 1.49$: Formula-One | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)
The free version contains ads and features no live feed : Formula-One FREE | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)

Let me know what you think about it! :D

wp_ss_20140831_0002[1].png wp_ss_20140831_0003.png

Last edited:

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Formula One app for Windows Phone 8.1

I have added live timing to the app ( a unique feature) and the app costs only 0.99$ !!

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Well I think this looks like being a great app - just bought the paid version.

Any chance of having a live tile in a future version that includes maybe news feeds or the next race details for example.

Great job so far it's looking great and seems to work very good.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I have added live timing to the app ( a unique feature) and the app costs only 0.99$ !!

Alright finally we have live timing for Windows Phone after going without since the start of the season.

Nice one!

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

This weekend there can be some bugs in the live timing . But don't worry the bugs will be fixed as soon as possible !

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

An update has been send to the store

The live timing is working now. I added a refresh button in the bottomappbar

wp_ss_20140907_0001.jpg

I'm not sure if the refresh button works because at first i didnt work and i tried to fix it but the race ended so i couldnt check it.
Otherwise you have to restart the app to refresh, but i will fix it if it doesnt work !

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Is everything working fine?
And do you have any tips for the app?

Leaving a good review in the store will support me much ! :D

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I think that's maybe because of the live feed . It loads all the messages. So I will put a load more button there. I hope that will help

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I want to make the app an universal app, but I'm not sure about the design .
Does anyone have any tips for the design for Windows 8.1?

Thank in advance

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NOW ALSO ON WINDOWS 8.1] Formula-One

I wanted to let you guys now that I'm almost finished with the update for the season 2015. I only need to wait for one site to update its calendar.

So stay tuned!

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
In the mean time I added a wide live tile with the upcoming race on it !
(this will be available in the full version)

wp_ss_20150205_0001[1].png wp_ss_20150205_0002[1].png

Also I moved to live timing and feed to a seperate page. If there is a race live you will see it on the upcoming race page, tap on it and it will redirect you to the live timing and feed page

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like an F1 news app but with the option of turning off notifications about a live race. Sounds odd I know, but often I watch a race later in the day or a few days late. I'd like the app to go into a "quiet mode" after quali until I resume the news function. I generally want to check news a live tile etc. But not until after I watched the race.

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd like an F1 news app but with the option of turning off notifications about a live race. Sounds odd I know, but often I watch a race later in the day or a few days late. I'd like the app to go into a "quiet mode" after quali until I resume the news function. I generally want to check news a live tile etc. But not until after I watched the race.

This app doesn't have notifications yet, the live tile only gives info about the upcoming race nothing else yet. So you don't have to worry about knowing who won before watching it, just don't open the app in the meanwhile :p

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This app doesn't have notifications yet, the live tile only gives info about the upcoming race nothing else yet. So you don't have to worry about knowing who won before watching it, just don't open the app in the meanwhile :p

ok, well that's good to know, but something to consider if/when you do add a live tile :)

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Great job on the live tile.

Also I like the news feed as it has more stories than other sports apps that I have used eg msn sports and sky sports.

Keep up the good work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel