[APP] Racing One, your Formula One companion

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Updated the app to 2015 !!

Made a local database with all the races. So the overal app acts way faster then before!
Also added a settings page with settings that could be useful for some people.

The update will be live in a few hours!! :D

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Bought it and like it so far. One question, is it possible to add a feature to add a calendar event for the race when you tap on the race time? If the OS allows, of course. Thanks.

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if that is possible, but I'm working for notifications that gives you a heads up that the race will start in 30 minutes. Also I want to add that after the race you will get a notification that shows who won.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That could be a good solution, maybe even make the notification time adjustable? Also how about showing the latest news story on the live tile flip side or alternating with the next race tile, that would make it more useful as there's lots of cool stuff in the news that might otherwise be missed. Thanks.

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I need to test the notifications during the next race, but this is what the settings will look like :

wp_ss_20150517_0001[1].png

The live tile with news will come in a later version !

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
@harry2345

Good job on the latest update & the news notifications work great.

Just a couple of things I've noticed:

Would you be able to separate the Race/quali notifications away from the notification that gives the winners name. I want to be notified that the quali/race is about to start but if I'm recording the action then I don't need to know who is on pole position or who has won the race.

Also a little bug that you may be aware of is when you access the notification settings you can't return to the app as pressing the phones back button eventually exits the app & you then have to kill the app in the task manager otherwise it just returns to the notification settings page.

Keep up the good work.

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I will separate the result notifications from the notifications before an event, that will be changed later this week. The update for the bug will be available tomorrow. If you have any other suggestions for the notifications feel free to let me know ! :D

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks the bug fix update works great.

Just one further thing on the notifications. Would it be possible to add a quick status icon that shows up in the lock screen/glance screen like what shows when you get a missed call or email.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like the app is shaping up nicely. Having a problem on my Surface 3 though, my live tile stopped working. Initially it was working when set as a wide tile then I decided to try the large size and the tile wasn't updating so I took it back to wide but the tile is still not updating. Tried an uninstall and reinstall with reboot and still doesn't work. This was a few days ago now. Any help you can offer? All my other live tiles work fine. Thanks.

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I will look into that. Also I will add drivers info to the Windows version and some other improvements.

Btw does the app launch correctly when tapping on a news notification?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234