Want your app featured on the WPCentral Homepage? Here's how!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
While our developer forums have remained quite active for a long time, no real incentive or spotlight has ever been put into place to showcase what our dev group has to offer...

UNTIL NOW.

In this forum we are giving our dev group members the opportunity to showcase their best apps, with the knowledge that the WPC editorial team will pick out and highlight the best apps in the blogs.

This is huge. Free promo and love for our developers and our apps, instantly making the WPC Forums THE go-to place for all Windows Phone developers.

To get started:

1. Apply to our Developer Program. To apply, head over to this thread and apply.
  2. Once you've become a member of the program, submit a new thread in the App Spotlight forum for every app you want to show off (the more info the better, explain how it works, where you can get it, include screenshots, etc.).
Show us what you've got. Impress us.

We will regularly pick apps from this forum and feature them in the blogs. On top of that, if your app is selected we will send you some really cool Windows Phone Central swag.

That's all for now. Get down to it and start telling us about your apps! Have fun!

blinkk2

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see so many good things (for developers) happen at once. Well, two actually :D but many still (this program and the dev center benefits program).

Just one short question, if I'm already in that developers forum group (joined long time ago) am I to apply again in the thread you mentioned? I suppose not, but I'm just double checking.

littlegreenbob

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Do we need to submit a new thread or bump an existing one? I believe all my titles already have a thread dedicated to them and I'd hate for anybody to think I was spamming by creating new threads

Please clarify. Thanks :)

idtng

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is this limited for apps that are targeted for the global/international market or country specific apps also allowed? Thanks!

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thats cool! I'm building two windows phone apps right now, hopefully they will be ready by Christmas 2014 but March 2015 at the latest. I have lots of school work to do as well lol

mahime

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am 34 developer games and apps for Windows phone, I do it as a hobby.
Here is my best game:
BlocksNET | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
a real-time multi-player tetris-like game I think unique on Windows phone store (for the real time multi-player part).
All my game are 2D and can be played alone or multi-player as I think it is more fun to play against live player than IA.
I hope to be a part of the program to have a chance to give more visibility to my best and future game!
Best Regards,
Maxime Phan

Leda Entertainment

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How often will a developer forum app be featured? What's the process by which it is decided and which apps are in the running?

It would be really useful to have a sticky post or somewhere us developers could look to see if we've got a chance of being featured, and what date it'll happen on for the lucky winner, so we can plan supporting publicity appropriately.

For example, I submitted my latest game a couple of days ago, and it's already about 20 posts down. I have no idea whether it might or might not be selected for featuring, or at what point I can be sure that it won't be featured.

Can we get a "rules and currently under consideration" thread, please?

JackyH

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
How often will a developer forum app be featured? What's the process by which it is decided and which apps are in the running?

It would be really useful to have a sticky post or somewhere us developers could look to see if we've got a chance of being featured, and what date it'll happen on for the lucky winner, so we can plan supporting publicity appropriately.

For example, I submitted my latest game a couple of days ago, and it's already about 20 posts down. I have no idea whether it might or might not be selected for featuring, or at what point I can be sure that it won't be featured.

Can we get a "rules and currently under consideration" thread, please?

I think you're right

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte