So!... Does 1M Apps really matter?

Domestoboto92x

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I own an Android tablet - 2012 Nexus 7 - to augment my WP 8X (HTC.) I have counted 71 third party apps installed there. In my brother's phone - LG G2 - 49 third party. (Third party pertains to apps that have been acquired from Google Play and/or Amazon appstore.) On my WP 8X, I have 41.

I suppose we have reached the point that in transitioning back-and-forth between phones and platforms, we have settled in installing and using few apps repetitively (that is, we have used on our old phone and would want to continue to use on our new phone) that do what we expect them to do quite well.
e.g.:
- Official social/IM/networking apps
- At least one photo editor we consistently use (Photoshop express/ Afterlight/ VSCO/ grid apps)
- Streaming services (Audio - Spotify/iTunesR/Google play/Rdio/Pandora ; Video - Netflix, Hulu)
- Games (Clash of Clans, Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, Zombie Tsunami, Swing Copter, Asphalt 8, PvZ, Dead Trigger)
- Keyboards and other customisation apps (wallpapers, Android launcher and icon packs, iOS emoji sharing tools)

We have settled and become accustomed to apps that we use constantly, and is contented enough in such services that we don't tend to find apps anymore. Sure, we will and will want to discover something new, but generally speaking, people settle on apps and/or services familiar to them and/or to which they have financially committed to using. So the '1m apps' is far less relevant than what the advertisements and PR speak would like you to believe in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720