[APP] KitKat Launcher - Experience Android KitKat on your Windows Phone

rishabh876

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
KitKat Launcher is the best app to help you experience the Android User Interface on your windows phone device.
You can get same homescreens experience, place icons anywhere you want, place widgets, set your wallpaper. Personalize this app the way you like. You get the same Dialer, ability to change wallpaper, unique gallery.

There is also a hack by which KitKat Launcher replaces your Start Menu of windows phone to make the experience complete. Its very simple and reversible when ever you want. Switching between Android and windows phone was never so easy. The hack is well explained the app itself.

Try any feel it yourself.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=bfa60d3b-b2ab-47f8-ab69-e0a84ddfa8f3
1.png2.png

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting concept. If I didn't already own an Android device I'd consider it. Saying that, I wonder how many will complain about lag... :p

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to offer an opinion on this if I may? The main reason I got into Windows Phone is because of the UI, which I much prefer over Android. I feel I am not alone. I wouldn't want to emulate Android on my Windows Phone and I can't see many others would want to either.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to offer an opinion on this if I may? The main reason I got into Windows Phone is because of the UI, which I much prefer over Android. I feel I am not alone. I wouldn't want to emulate Android on my Windows Phone and I can't see many others would want to either.

With this in mind, this thread and app probably isn't for you then.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
What I like is the "replace the Start Screen" part. ;) Though I prefer the Start Screen, I will give this app (and the hack) a try.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'll try to give it a try.

Update: - Ok I am enjoying your. It's totally cool.
Can you add function in middle icon(circle with six white dot)?

Last edited:

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Then that would defeat my purpose of switching from HTC One X to Nokia Lumia 1520.
Android interface is getting boring. I still ahve my One X lying around, I can go back to it if I want android UI.
What you should work on is porting apps to Windows phone. Because that's the problem with WP right now. Lack of apps.

rishabh876

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you add function in middle icon(circle with six white dot)?

I can, currently it makes a new tile in normal mode (non apps corner mode) because i thought that is the only way to reach windows phone menu quickly without closing the app.

Actually i am always open for suggestions. I will be working on new widgets after my exams. Like Battery widget or Flash/Torch switch.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I believe you are mostly wasting your skills here... cause most here(myself included) chose WP for its unique UI & the beautiful start screen.
That said, having tried the app, its quite good & probably the best launcher in the store. I find only the middle icon quite irritating, could maybe make it show all the apps the launcher supports instead of pinning a tile on the start screen.

P.S - You might want to rectify the spelling of Browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers