[GAME FREE] blocksNET for Windows phone, tetris-like battle online

mahime

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Background.png BlocksNET: Enjoy multi-player tetris-like battle experience in real time.

blocksNET is an addictive blocks colors game oriented multi-players, the basic rule is to combine cubes of the same color to make them explode.
3 multiplayers modes:
  1. Mode modern 1 vs 1, the goal is to make maximum color association to earn points that will launch devastating spells on your opponent.
  2. Mode classical 1 vs 1, in this mode no spells, but every successful colors combination send lines to your opponent!
  3. Mode 2 minutes, 2 minutes gaming sessions , no player limit, everyone can connect to the session, the purpose is to score the maximum points during the allotted time, the player sees its ranking updated in real time.
And for people who like to play alone: 2 fun solo game mode with world ranking
DOWNLOAD HERE OR USE QR CODE BELLOW
BlocksNET | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
SCREENSHOTS
pano2.jpg
VIDEO

Hope to see you soon online!

Darkays

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I tried it out, it is a cool idea but I felt that the controls were just too cumbersome to really enjoy it. Having a classic "Falling block" puzzle game with the added use of spells sounds really interesting. But the problem is that the controls are very complicated, especially in multiplayer. In general having 6 different buttons you have to press in order to move the blocks around isn't easy (then the reverse spell be cast you is really hard).

When you move to multiplayer, things get really complicated. Having it so you need to switch over to the other players screen so you can cast certain spells on them is extremely confusing. I wasn't sure when to do it and when I did I found that I messed myself up. I also wasn't sure what the different spells did, so I didn't know which one to press. I tried looking at the help, but all it said was the rules of the game, not the controls.

I really was confused for the majority of the time I played it. When I played singleplayer on classic mode it was much better, but that isn't a good thing, as this game is supposed to be a multiplayer, spell throwing experience. Again, I like the concept, but it was presented in a way that was confusing.

mahime

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Darkays, thanks a lot spending time to review my game!
you are right maybe the controls are a bit complicated and need some times getting use to it, I will try to simplify that, maybe add some touch control and make it customizable in the options. You have a list of all the spells /effects in the helps but nothing on controls, I will add it.
also did you test the "against the clock" mode? it is multi-player also with real time ranking, unfortunately, there is not enough player to really test it...
Thanks a lot for all your advices, I will use it to make the game better in the next version!
Regards,
Maxime

Darkays

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Ah ok, I didn't see the spells list, I will look at that again. I wasn't able to try "against the clock", multiplayer on mobile devices is pretty tricky in terms of getting player to play at the same time.

In terms of controls, having it customizable would really help, I seen that you can change the position of spells already, maybe introduce that feature to the controls as well? My biggest problem with the controls was when you had to swipe over to the other screen, this means that you don't see your own screen while you go to use a spell. I always felt like I needed to get back to my screen or else something bad was going to happen, which then I fumbled around with actual spell I was casting and then failed to use it effectively.

mahime

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes the 2 screens seems strange at first but I didn't found other solution to see the opponent's screen (that is needed for spells like control, or damned).
each screen has minimap, when you are on your screen, you have the minimap of opponent's screen, and when you slide to opponent's screen, the minimap is set on your screen.
I will add the control setup in the options too.
You are right, hard to have many players at the same time, especially the app target only windows phone an not ios and android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss