Juicy (battery app) is now available for windows phone 8.1 devices

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Complete control over your Windows Phone Battery. Choose from multiple beautiful live tile styles to display the battery status on your home screen, view detailed statistics, explore battery consumption on a graph chart, set battery notifications and even display battery info on your lock screen. Juicy is the next natural step in the evolution of Windows Phone Apps, in terms of style and functionality.

Features

MULTIPLE LIVE TILES
Beautiful live tile styles for your home screen(medium). Juicy will display a graphic representation of the battery and remaining/charge percent on the front of the tile and basic battery information like battery percent and time remaining on the flipside(medium and small format only).

NOTIFICATIONS
Set useful notification on fully charged, fast drain and low battery.

GRAPH CHART
Pinch and zoom on the graph chart to view battery consumption and detailed statistics.

LOCK SCREEN INFO
Stay up to date, Juicy is able to display the battery status on your lock screen.

SMALL FOOTPRINT, LOW POWER CONSUMPTION
Juicy was designed to be small and efficient. Background services are perfectly adjusted to ensure minimal battery drain.

For more info about Juicy Battery please visit us on: Juicy

Hope you guys will check it out and tell us what you think of it.
We also have a trial period of 3 days, where you can try the app.
Enjoy !

Last edited:

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Very nice. Just one bug I've noticed. When on the Graph Chart you can only swipe left/right in the top section to move on to other pages.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey !

Thanks for the feedback ! This is not a bug, but on the chart you can pan and zoom so this is why you can not go to the next pivot.
I hope is not to much inconvenience.
Hope you will enjoy the app !

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried it out and is currently happy with it. Congratulation, Mr.Juicy. Here are some of my comments:

Pros:
Beautifully designed, very themed, very metro. I love it.
The information is accurate and is presented in a neat way, which adds even more to the "metroness" of the app itself.
The power consumption is minimal. I opened battery saver to check the background power usage of this app and it showed no power consumption at all. I'm amazed at what I found. Well-done.

Cons (or features that I think could help :smile: )
The app performs stutteringly on the "Help" hub. When I tap on something, the explanation appears very sluggishly. (My phone is 1520 so the hardware limitation is non-existent).
It doesn't have the "discharge rate". I know that it is optional but it would be nice to include such information for the "status" and "graph" pages.
The first time I re-opened the app after having pinned the tile, I briefly saw the "tile choice" page instead of the "status" page. On the second time I opened the app, the problem disappeared but it keeps on happening every time I try pinning the live tile.
The app could also have the "theme" setting. You know, it's Windows. Everything is metro, and the theme is customisable. Why not make this app do the same? It would be cool.
And lastly, could you include the information about the power usage of individual app and feature (like wifi, 3G, GPS,...)? I know I'm asking too much but if you could it would be awesome.

This app is an excellent product. I'm definitely paying for it. I wish you would do well in your future apps and work. WPC should really make a review for this gem soon. Well done again. :wink:
P/S: I will continue testing it. I will give you more feedback if I find out anything more.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello !

Thank you for taking time to review the app. It means a lot as I learn what and how to improve the app.

I am aware about the sluggishness of the help screen and I will sure do something about it for the next update.
The discharge rate is present on the flip side of the tile. You meant to be included in the app's UI ?
Can you elaborate on the theme, as the app was developed to support dark or light theme (as the phone is set up) ?

When opening the app, the OS does the thing you mentioned. The apps are put in standby when you pin the tile. If after pining the tile you press the back key, you will be returned to the pin tile screen (or if you long press the back button and select Juicy). Bu if you start Juicy again from the tile or from it's icon in the app drawer, the OS does the thing you noticed. It is a common and normal thing. I will sure investigate this to see of there is a way to circumvent this behavior.

I am not sure I there is an API that lets me gather individual apps usage, because every app runs in it's sandbox. Unlike Android, Windows phone doesn't allow us o register for the events (like when the phone starts charging, or listening to other system events).

Did you mean to have WiFi/GPS... toggles ?

Thanks again for all the help given !!!
Hope you will enjoy the app as it is, and the future updates :wink:

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to let you guys know, that there is an update available for Juicy.
Following your suggestions, I added the option to theme the app to your favorite color, and also added a "scary" tile for the Halloween :)
Hope you will enjoy it !

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141024_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20141024_0001.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 14
  • wp_ss_20141024_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20141024_0002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 13
  • wp_ss_20141024_00033.jpg
    wp_ss_20141024_00033.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft's Battery Saver app has now a "real time" live tile. Can you implement this feature please? or the limitation still exists?
Also showing "discharge rate" in the app itself too? I know it's available on the live tile and the ability to change the usage graph into percent would be cool too.
Thanks for your work. I enjoy your app and I've rated it too.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately updating the tile every minute is still limited.
I will sure take in consideration your other suggestions for version to come.
Thank you for the rating and suggestions !!!

panchovx

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Nice looking app and good work. I have to add that the graph needs to get more features like discharging percent x hour and display advanced info wen you press a point on that graph.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Please long press on the chart to see the date/time and percent of the battery.
Thanks for the other suggestion, I will take it in consideration for the next updates !

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Juicy application offers a suite of beautiful live tiles for the battery and also keeps track of the charge and discharge rate.
It also displays some useful info about the battery, on the flip side of the tile (charge percent, time to last, and charge/discharge rate).
The native battery saver app is different as it offers option to disable apps that run in the background and also display the consumption of these background apps...and yes it has a tile choice...ugly in my opinion.
My point here is that the apps are different !
Our aim is to provide nice looking tiles for the battery, and a clean looking UI with useful info about the battery.
Unfortunately there is no API to copy the battery saver app functionality (to show the app consumptions or the option to disable some background running apps.

Hope you will like Juicy :)

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Awesome app with excellent UI and so many varieties of tile with different shapes.
Looking forward to buy the app :smile:
Keep it up. Good Work.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It seems that the approval of the new update, is taking longer then usual ....
Sorry for the delay but it is not our fault !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720