[WIN8] [APP] music | mode - the fast innovative music player app for windows 8

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
A new version of the app is available now! It adds a whole bunch of new crossfading options. Also included are the large Live Tile, function to delete albums and tracks directly from within the app, and some bugfixes and improvements.

Sent you the requested file this morning
Thanks again for providing the log file! This really helped me a lot in solving a long standing bug in the app.

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll check the disc grouping to see if the bug was squashed...in the mean time, where did the 'Enqueue' command go? I was going to ask you to change it's behavior to queue a whole album after the current album was playing, but I noticed it is gone! Is that intentional?

Thank you for your great work!

Pablo

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the hint! How strange. I have no clue why I have removed it. :D
On tracks and playlist entries it is still there, but on the albums it is missing suddenly.
Well, gonna add it back for the next verison!

About the "enqueue after album", I am not so sure. It would make the behavior inconsistent, if tracks would get enqueued on current position but albums get enqueued at album end. This could cause confusion. I need to think about that.

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello again! I've noticed that for multi-artist albums you are only showing the first artist and disregarding the others...for example, I have the "Bass Extremes: Cookbook" album which lists "Steve Bailey & Victor Wooten" as contributing artists (they appear separate on the Windows preview panel).

This album should probably appear in both artists page...

Thank you!
Pablo

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Pablo, yes, the player currently only supports one artist per album. It is a fixed 1:1 mapping, for simplicity and performance. Only very few albums are affected by this, so when I designed the database, I considered this to be a good compromise between performance and functionality. Maybe I should have gone multi artist back then, but now that everything is setup this way, it is not so easy to change. I will probably change this at some point, but it's not something I will do in the near future.

PS: Working on a WP81 version right now, first beta due very soon! ;-)
PM me your windows live ID if you are interested in testing.

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Fair enough. I have 88 albums on my collection with multiple artists on them so they are by no means a majority but they are not a depreciable minority either.

Anyway, hopefully you will be able to change the schema in the future.

PS: I use iOS, sorry. Xamarin is your friend...just sayin'. :eek:)

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh really, so many multi artist albums? For me it's < 10 probably. Well, as I said, I do already regret that I did not support this right from the start. Probably it will come at some point.

Xamarin is very expensive, at least if you want VS integration. So it's currently not an option for me, unfortunately. Still hoping that MS might buy them some day, and then make the pricing more reasonable for indie devs.

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Luke, I'm trying to use the player with my DLNA TV, and it works but just for a single track. I press Win+K, select Play, then select my networked TV, a single track plays and then it goes back to TV mode (and the player is stopped unless I start it again, but the app appears as active on the taskbar).

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi again Luke, suddenly all my files result in an error message "Error playing file. Could not play file. Please check that the file source drive is available and connected. Error message: MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT - 0xC00D36FA". I've already tried resetting the library, removing and adding the folder. The files play correctly in VLC (they haven't changed). Any clues?

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Pablo, I have had a few reports like that. It is a problem with the Windows Codec configuration. Some of the affected users could repair the problem using the "Windows 8 Apps Troubleshooter". Please check the first item in this support thread. I hope this works for you! If it does not help, you need to contact Microsoft support.

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh and just now I read your previous post. Sorry, must have missed it! Yes there is a known issues that for some receivers auto continue is not working correctly. I changed something for the next update which might solve the issue (hopefully). I have some problems right now due to Windows 10 introduction and the new unified store. Due to that I cannot release any updates for the app (the update is already finished since a few weeks already). I hope I will be able to release the update within the next few weeks.

Pablo Montilla

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello Luke, thanks for your reply. I did get audio to work again (it was an insane driver issue).

I'm on Windows 10 now, and I've seen problems with regards to Media Key support. Sometimes they work as expected (I press pause, and the player pauses), but during the day they start to not work, requiring the app to have focus to do its thing.

Do you know what could be causing this?

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Pablo, I am in contact with Microsoft on this already. The same problem occurs when using the media controls that appear when pressing the volume button or the ones appearing when hovering the app icon on the taskbar. This is something that must be fixed in the OS most probably.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786