Von Guru ? An Elegant and FREE App for Using Vonage Extension

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Greetings All!

I have just published an app in the Windows Phone store called ?Von Guru?. It is for the people who use Vonage VOIP service (Vonage - Home Phone Service & International Calling Plans - VOIP Provider). Vonage does not have a Windows Phone app unlike iOS/ Android and so it is cumbersome to take advantage of their Vonage Extension feature (now called ?linked mobile? service) to make international calls etc.

There are other apps in the store for this that does the job, but I believe that my app brings some cool things to the table. It provides a Speed Dial feature closely resembling the Windows Phone?s default Speed Dial feature and provides a smooth and elegant overall user experience. If you are looking for such an app or currently using any existing app for this purpose, please give it a try. I am confident that you will appreciate the quality of the app. It is a free app with an optional in-app purchase.

I will be watching this space and will respond to any issues/ queries/ comments.

The link for the store and a few screen shots are given below. Thanks for looking!

Regards.

Store Link: Von Guru | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

1-Speed Dial - Normal.png2-Speed Dial - Edit.png4-Dial Page.png5-Phone Dial.png

focuswiz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This looks like a great app, but I am wondering if there is a secret to using it.

When I attempt a call, the app puts in my PIN as part of the phone number, but Vonage does not seem to like that. I was able to make a call by indicating that my PIN was 0111 indicating an international call to the United States, but I was hoping there was another way to eliminate use of the PIN field. Vonage seems to know that my phone is a Vonage "Extension" automatically.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion