[UPDATE][FREE APP] QR Scanner RS

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
OK guys, lets moving forward, heres my next app called QR Scanner RS.
WMPU2.jpg Download

QR Scanner RS is a superfast fully automated scanning app for links and barcodes.

Are you missing the easy accessible Windows Phone scan feature due to Cortana? I think you'll love having QR Scanner RS on you start screen.

Let me explane how this app works:
Step 1 - Start QR Scanner RS and point on a QR code or barcode; and you're done!

• Links are opend automatically in the Internet Explorer
  • Windows Phone app store links are opened automatically directly in the store
  • Barcodes are automatically searched with onboard bing search

If any other content is recognized a button at the bottom appears and suggests you to switch to QR Scanner+. This is because any other content than the above mentioned is more detailed or needs specific features to make use of it. And this exaclty what QR Scanner+ was made for.

The best features are that QR Scanner RS is totally FREE without ads and uses just one capability!
Try it! Use it! Enjoy it! Be happy!
:wink:

wp_ss_20141108_0002.pngwp_ss_20141108_0003.jpg

And here is a feature for developers:
QR Scanner RS has a URI scheme and can be launched through any app that have a URI scheme too.
After reconizing a QR code or Barcode the content will be transfered directly to the app that launched QR Scanner RS. This feature is free and will stay free! No ads, and no linking to QR Scanner+ while launched through an app!

Use this URI scheme:
"xyz-vida-rs:FREEvRSGBU="

Just put your URI scheme direclty after "=" , so QR Scanner RS has a target where to send the content back.
Result handling is up to you :wink:

Feel free to ask if you need some hlep or have questions about QR Scanner RS. Would be nice if you would share your app that uses QR Scanner RS. This way I could add it to a partnership-list if you like to.

Last edited:

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Gonna try this. I missed Bing vision after getting Cortana.

Edit: Not to anger you, but it would be better if you can use a different logo for your app :). To me, that logo isn't that good.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NEW APP] QR Scanner RS

Tried the app, quite fast for a standalone QR Scanner. Only concern, the logo and the heading QR Scanner RS at the top, it is in italics. Other than that, superb app :)

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Gonna try this. I missed Bing vision after getting Cortana.

Edit: Not to anger you, but it would be better if you can use a different logo for your app :). To me, that logo isn't that good.
No worries! :wink:
If you like to have a different logo i could add an option to select a different one. Just let me know how important that is and which one you would prefer.
EDIT: This would only affect the tile logo!

Changing the logo of the app will not happen because this is a branding/identification thing. Nearly all other apps uses the - imho boring - QR codes as logo.
I decided to make something else.
So the 3 marking squares of a QR code implies that the app has something to do with QR codes :wink: As you maybe noticed in the picture above all of my QR apps have these squares in the logo. The outlines are said to be a mask. Masks are usually used to hide and to look through. So my QR scanner apps are build to look at QR codes and 'unmask' the content so the user can easily understand it or use it.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

It seems to be a bit unclear by simply viewing the pictures and reading the app name. But, yes, QR Scanner RS can read barcodes. :wink: So if you miss this feature in Bing Scan/Vision than give QR Scanner RS a try. The read Barcode is searched by Bing Search like Bing Scan/Vision did earlier.

wp_ss_20141110_0003.jpgwp_ss_20141110_0004.jpg

Got for it. It's FREE and 0.5MB aren't a deal breaker as well :amaze:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Small update now available. (v1.1.0.0)

The button at the bottom now shows you the specific content that was detected.
For example; here is how it looks when a vCard was detected:
wp_ss_20141114_0001.jpgChooseVida.jpg

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Moving forward...

QR Scanner RS now has some settings *Yay*

• You can now slow down the AutoFocus
  • Special Mode, uses another camera-API and allows to change the focus-range. 'macro' should be a good choice for Lumia 1020 users.

There's also a button for triggering the focus-light. Good to have if you're in bad lighting conditions.

wp_ss_20141118_0001.jpg

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
QR scanner RS v1.3 now in the store
wp_ss_20141126_0003.jpg

You now can choose from a small selection of search providers or type in your favorite one.
It's up to you. Use bing search or Amazon or Ebay or ...

Note: Not all search providers, price comparison services or shops can handle barcode information for the search.

Fell free to share your favorite search provider including an URL in this thread or open a new one @ Windows Phone Apps section to help other users. :wink:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
QR Scanner RS 2.0 is now available.
QR_Logo.png

• completely rebuilt
  • awesome and easy to use UI, even one handed
  • still free
  • still working great

Overview.png

Enjoy!