SkyType (Use the keyboard you really love project.)

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody!. About 5 months ago I started developing my first Windows Phone project called SkyType. I published multiple versions but after a lot of hours of work and i published them into App Spotlight. But today (a hour ago) I published the first update that i actually want public to use. (Or I personaly think is usable.)

all screen.jpg
screen_sample_2.pngscreen_sample_3.png
screen_sample_4.pngscreen_sample_5.png

screesnsss.jpg

Have you ever wanted to use your computer or any other device with a nice keyboard to type on your Windows Phone really fast ? Well now you can thanks to the SkyType ! Use any other device in the same Wi-Fi network to type SMS, E-Mail, to exchange complex internet links or copy text between devices and much more all without the internet connectivity and additional software.
SkyType sleek responsive web interface is based on latest frameworks like jQuerry and Twitter Bootstrap that offers fast and beautiful user experience. All you need to do is use the other device web browser to access the SkyType web interface and type on your Windows Phone - easy as that !

Features:
  • Type SMS, Chat messages (Viber, WhatsApp support) and E-mails.
  • Send and open complex internet links on your phone.
  • Copy text from your computer to your phone clipboard !
  • Copy text from your Phone to your computer or OneDrive with one tap.
  • 3rd Party apps support - Search in-app, send links, coordinates and more.
  • Supports UC Browser, Surfy, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, MixRadio,
  • TubeCast, MetroTube, Maps, Windows Phone Store.
  • Dial numbers, Access your contacts, Share complex texts and much more.
  • Full support for all languages and character sets.
  • Compatibility mode
  • Free app in active development and support.

Huge Compatibility !
SkyType also feature optional COMPATIBILITY MODE for old web browsers and devices.Type on your brand new Surface 3 Pro or use your old Windows 95 machine - SkyType does not care about the machine age, OS or form factor as long as you have at least JavaScript compatible web browser.

store icon_alternative1.png

SkyType is now in over 5 months of active development.
Huge update to the first public beta version: 0.0.9.5
  • Full support for ALL languages and character sets. (As requested by users.)
  • New BootStrap and jQuerry based web interface + switch between new and old interfaces.
  • Complete new web server implementation.
  • Full application redesign.
  • Improved stability of application (A lot.)
  • Full HD screens optimization.
  • Faster start up, Donation using in-app payment added.
  • Prevent phone from sleep option.
  • Added support for UC Browser, Surfy, Nokia MixRadio, TubeCast, Twitter.

Available for FREE on Windows Store starting now:
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/skytype/b91933ff-02c5-412b-815f-7a66e9f92a1a
(May take a bit longer until it will appear in your store, it was published few minutes ago :))

And one important thing !
Happy 2015 :smile:

Attachments

• screen_sample_1.png
    screen_sample_1.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have been wishing for a way to do this ever since I got the phone. It's the one thing I had wished the WP could do.

I'm definitely going to try this one out.

Edit: Unable to install. Error code: 80073CF6. From what I can tell by web searches and MS support, this is something to be fixed by the developer. Looking forward to trying this when available.

Last edited:

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
rhapdog
Thank you very much for the information about the error. It was my stupid mistake and I broke app manifest files in a hurry :( . Fixing it right now and submitting the fixed package to the Store. Thank you again , really appreciate your interest in the app. I will notify you in PM when Microsoft will accept the package (Hopefully today or tomorrow.).

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been wishing for a way to do this ever since I got the phone. It's the one thing I had wished the WP could do.

I'm definitely going to try this one out.

Edit: Unable to install. Error code: 80073CF6. From what I can tell by web searches and MS support, this is something to be fixed by the developer. Looking forward to trying this when available.

Same problem here, I am looking forward to the fixed package 😁

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
New update with multiple bugfixes and fix for bad visibility of app UI when the light system theme is selected is now awaiting certification and will be published soon.

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have a huge update with multilanguage support coming up and I am in need of Polish translator.
If somebody have some free time and interest , please download this document, do the translation (To languages you know! ) and send it to my mail (mentioned in document.)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JAum53PjAq25XunJiWI2Le0B_Qut2cXaqtJ6ODx5MgI/edit
All translators will be mentioned in app in "About" section and will have my HUGE thanks. <3

marcosbabu

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me get this straight. We should access a web page on the cell phone. Having the app running on the cell phone also (sorta) runs the web page, right? Tried to access the web page there, but no answer. To be sure I telnet the cell phone on port 80 and no answer. In case you wondering the IP proposed by the app is not the correct one and sometimes the IP suggestion is just "blank". Ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro