Check out my live lockscreen app :)

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
wow...
great work! i just have a question about the new lock screen related APIs:
how open are those? what can a developer do with them?
what's the limit?

With this API you can develop app just like any other app, you can add web browser, I did that when I was testing API, I managed to connect to mobile facebook. So, you can develop any kind of app and when certain condition is met you just call the API which would unlock the phone. I'm using Nokia Imaging SDK to set blur effect on background image when keypad or pattern is on. There is no limit :)

One minor design issue here, not sure if you've noticed but the numbers are not vertically centered in the circles.

Awesome work! This app is looking amazing :love:

Thank you for providing the feedback. That is because of the font I used. Will fix it in next version. :)

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I can upload some files with app text and you could translate it to your language. Then I'll add it to my app :)
What do you think about pattern lock? Should I implement feature to lock the phone if pattern is incorrectly entered few times?

1-Am glad to help .. I speak English .. But I have learnt Arabic language even I have friend who knws it well I can translate it into Arabic easily ..
2-For the pattern .. It will be good after doing it wrong over 8 times or something .. It switches to a pre.recorded password which entered and confirmed (re.entered) before the phone gets opened again :))'

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
1-Am glad to help .. I speak English .. But I have learnt Arabic language even I have friend who knws it well I can translate it into Arabic easily ..
2-For the pattern .. It will be good after doing it wrong over 8 times or something .. It switches to a pre.recorded password which entered and confirmed (re.entered) before the phone gets opened again :))'

Sure, more languages is better. I'll send you PM when I'm ready for translating the app.
That's not bad..I have implemented mail recovery. User has to enter mail and app will send a code which user can enter and unlock the phone. This will require internet connection so I think I'll implement your idea too :)

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
heavybreathing.jpg

do you have like a 'sign up' kinda email thing to email us when it will be published? Instead of having to check the forum to see if it's been released yet? That would be rad

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Sure, more languages is better. I'll send you PM when I'm ready for translating the app.
That's not bad..I have implemented mail recovery. User has to enter mail and app will send a code which user can enter and unlock the phone. This will require internet connection so I think I'll implement your idea too :)

Oh man !! The idea of mail recovery is awesome .. SOO Brilliant thinking :) WELL DONE 😊
... But what will happen if the internet connection was out signal for any reason ! What will be the case then ??

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 94150

do you have like a 'sign up' kinda email thing to email us when it will be published? Instead of having to check the forum to see if it's been released yet? That would be rad

Unfortunately I don't have something like that. But when I publish my app I'll post it on forum or I will change the title of this thread(I hope it's possible).

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh man !! The idea of mail recovery is awesome .. SOO Brilliant thinking :) WELL DONE ��
... But what will happen if the internet connection was out signal for any reason ! What will be the case then ??

Because of that reason I will also implement your idea too. App will check if device is connected to internet and if so it will offer mail recovery. If device is not connected to internet app will offer "offline" way to unlock the phone. :)

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm ready to add more languages. I'm using One Sky to translate this app. Send me PM with your language and mail and I'll add you as app translator. Thank you :)

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
From what I can see it's perfectly done, if it works so smooth, than its golden, anyway, since I'm Albanian I can proudly offer my help to translate this app into albanian. :)

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
No, that app doesn't contain pattern lock, password protection and advanced settings like turning animations on or off, blur effect and transparent lockscreen. Only thing that are the same are APIs which would be same for all apps. But I must say thanks to XDA forum members which found out the APIs :) This app can't be deployed to Lumia device unfortunately without SD card and CustomWP System

Pattern lock video is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQx1RuP1so&feature=youtu.be

There is more work to do to fix some issues

So i have the Lumia 1520 with dev preview installed, and I have sd card, can I use this app?

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Any progress?

I'm working on few projects so I'm unable to do some big progress with this app anymore. I'm translating the app, 4 languages added until now. Also I'm fixing some issues with pattern and waiting for tomorrow event to see will Microsoft release APIs. I'll post when I have more news. :)

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I was disappointed by that, but I'm not stopping development of the app. I'm translating app to different languages and fixing issues every day. I'll post when I have more news or some big changes. Thanks for the interest. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720