Pinmore for OneNote: pinning onenote sections and notebooks to the start screen

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
The OneNote app can only pin notes to the start screen. I've created Pinmore for OneNote (Follow link to the store)to allow you to pin notebooks and sections to the start screen as well.

The trial version allows you to pin two tiles. The paid version allows as many tiles as you like and also supports transparent tiles.

I hope some of you find it useful!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Your app has no description in the store at all.

I can already pinned OneNote pages to my start screen so what can your app do more than make them transparent.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange, the app has a description when I look in the store, both on the website and the phone. Which country's store are you using? Netherlands? UK store is working ok..... I'll try to work out what's going on.
OneNote only lets you pin notes to the start screen. Pinmore allows you to pin notebooks and sections also.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of adding some other features: -
1. The ability to create notebooks and notebook sections from within the app (which you cant do in the WP OneNote app)
2. Add notifications / Live Tile updates when someone else updates a notebook or section in a shared notebook.

Let me know if you would like to see these features in the future.

Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That's strange, the app has a description when I look in the store, both on the website and the phone. Which country's store are you using? Netherlands? UK store is working ok..... I'll try to work out what's going on.
OneNote only lets you pin notes to the start screen. Pinmore allows you to pin notebooks and sections also.

Yes the Netherlands.
I checked again.
Now it shows more but first I get the icon of the app and only several seconds later the description.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Installed the app.
Opening a pinned note with your app takes 1-3 seconds longer than opening a native pinned note.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen that happen sometimes too. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it, as it's OneNote that's taking the time, not Pinmore.
The URI gets pased to OneNote immediately the tile is clicked.

It looks like when you click a Note tile pinned from OneNote, it loads the local copy of the note immediately, then looks online to sync any changes in the background.
When OneNote gets passed a Section or Notebook tile from Pinmore, it checks online for changes first, then only opens the cached local copy if it can't retrieve the Section or Notebook contnts online.
It's actually slightly quicker with Flight Mode turned on, as it doesn't spend as much time checking online.

I'm sorry I can't make it quicker. Thanks for the feedback.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that happen sometimes too. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it, as it's OneNote that's taking the time, not Pinmore.
The URI gets pased to OneNote immediately the tile is clicked.

It looks like when you click a Note tile pinned from OneNote, it loads the local copy of the note immediately, then looks online to sync any changes in the background.
When OneNote gets passed a Section or Notebook tile from Pinmore, it checks online for changes first, then only opens the cached local copy if it can't retrieve the Section or Notebook contnts online.
It's actually slightly quicker with Flight Mode turned on, as it doesn't spend as much time checking online.

I'm sorry I can't make it quicker. Thanks for the feedback.

I checked it in flight mode and than it's indeed faster.
I
But the delay (in daily use ) will be a bottleneck for me to use it. (even if you can not help it)

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
after a bit more investigation, I think I've found a way to improve the speed for pinned sections (pinned notebooks should already be reasonably quick).

The approach should work as long as there is at least one page in the section at the point it is pinned. Hopefully I'll get a version released with this improvement in the next few days.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I've released a new version of Pinmore, which also now allows you to create new OneNote notebooks and sections from within the app.

The WP OneNote client doesn't allow you to do this itself, so this saves you having to go to a PC or login to the mobile website to create new notebooks and sections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs