[APP] Perfect Music - Next Generation of Portable Music Players

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I can say it is the best music app on the store(Both UI and Functional wise). Regular updates are making the app more perfect. One suggestion to you guys which I have mentioned in my review also.

When we launch the app for the first time, There is no progress bar while the songs are loading. Since it is taking time to load all songs for the first time and all will not have patience to wait till the songs load, but if there is a progress bar people will know how much time they need to wait.
No one knows whether the songs are loading or the app got struck. Please add this.

MichalR

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Does it really play tracks by original track list after the last update? I have three folders I try to play but none of them plays by track list which is numbered. It's still random or alphabetical.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I can say it is the best music app on the store(Both UI and Functional wise). Regular updates are making the app more perfect. One suggestion to you guys which I have mentioned in my review also.

When we launch the app for the first time, There is no progress bar while the songs are loading. Since it is taking time to load all songs for the first time and all will not have patience to wait till the songs load, but if there is a progress bar people will know how much time they need to wait.
No one knows whether the songs are loading or the app got struck. Please add this.

Exactly this! DEV should include a status message while songs are being scanned/indexed.

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
As a software developer and a music listener, I have the following comments/requests:
  • I haven't used the player yet and I read briefly through the comments/requests here, but the fact that the app is updated so rapidly worries me. It tells me that the Perfect Thumb guys are not going through the proper development cycle requirement -> design -> implementation -> verification -> validation, etc.
  • Basic things like tracks playing alphabetically and not based on track # tells me that the developers don't understand music and don't understand ID3 tags.
  • I am an Android user of 3 years and I'm itching to make the switch to Windows Phone but the one of the few things that are stopping me are the lack of a solid music player. The player I use on Android is PowerAmp, which beats the crap out of all the current Windows Phone music players... combined. Perfect Thumb team. I suggest you take a real close look at that app and start making inroads because it might be ticket for more Android-to-Windows defectors.

The main features I really look forward to prior to making the switch are:
  1. Support for ReplayGain (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain)
  2. Shuffle option (Not randomize)
  3. Equalizer (and presets)
  4. Custom playlists stored on internal memory and/or SD card.
  5. Options to Pause In-Call, Resume After-Call
  6. Options to pause on short audio focus (notifications, navigation instructions, etc.)
  7. Options to pause/resume on permanent audio focus (other player, game, etc.)
  8. Options to read from embedded album art first and Internet second or vice versa.

perfectthumb

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, we submitted new update including progress loading songs in scan new songs and scan all for metadata.

perfectthumb

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Does it really play tracks by original track list after the last update? I have three folders I try to play but none of them plays by track list which is numbered. It's still random or alphabetical.
Hi, we use metadata of songs for album. I thought track list number worked well.

perfectthumb

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
As a software developer and a music listener, I have the following comments/requests:
  • I haven't used the player yet and I read briefly through the comments/requests here, but the fact that the app is updated so rapidly worries me. It tells me that the Perfect Thumb guys are not going through the proper development cycle requirement -> design -> implementation -> verification -> validation, etc.
  • Basic things like tracks playing alphabetically and not based on track # tells me that the developers don't understand music and don't understand ID3 tags.
  • I am an Android user of 3 years and I'm itching to make the switch to Windows Phone but the one of the few things that are stopping me are the lack of a solid music player. The player I use on Android is PowerAmp, which beats the crap out of all the current Windows Phone music players... combined. Perfect Thumb team. I suggest you take a real close look at that app and start making inroads because it might be ticket for more Android-to-Windows defectors.

The main features I really look forward to prior to making the switch are:
  1. Support for ReplayGain (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain)
  2. Shuffle option (Not randomize)
  3. Equalizer (and presets)
  4. Custom playlists stored on internal memory and/or SD card.
  5. Options to Pause In-Call, Resume After-Call
  6. Options to pause on short audio focus (notifications, navigation instructions, etc.)
  7. Options to pause/resume on permanent audio focus (other player, game, etc.)
  8. Options to read from embedded album art first and Internet second or vice versa.
Thanks for your great suggestion! We added all of them to our to-do list!

dzjeaoyu

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Would it be possible to sort an album by disc number as well?

Album
Disc 1
..Track 1
..Track 2
Disc 2
..Track 1
..Track 2

Instead of following the Xbox Music app which has it as:

Album
Disc 1 Track 1
Disc 2 Track 1
Disc 1 Track 2
Disc 2 Track 2

perfectthumb

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Would it be possible to sort an album by disc number as well?

Album
Disc 1
..Track 1
..Track 2
Disc 2
..Track 1
..Track 2

Instead of following the Xbox Music app which has it as:

Album
Disc 1 Track 1
Disc 2 Track 1
Disc 1 Track 2
Disc 2 Track 2

Thank you! We added this to our shortlist, will update soon!

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I updated the app with 26th March update and my collection has been duplicated.

Every song is now shown two times and there is no album art on now playing page.

From 5 stars to 3 stars. Sigh.

Edit: I like the Tag Editor. 4stars.

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Background playback is gone after latest update! Song just stops playing as soon as I exit from app or lock my phone.

Soft Reset your phone. After that play any song in default music app. Now go to Perfect Music and play that same song. Problem will be solved. 😊
Let me know, how it goes for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss