What do you think about this app?

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
myFinance is the most simple and clean expense manager that helps you log and track your expenses and keep an eye on your balance.

Have you tried myFinance? If yes, what do you think about it? Do you like it?

If not, here's the link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ba9dc6a6-efb2-4f67-98a7-9bcd198a1152

Try and please share your experiences on the app. I would like to know what you guys think about this app.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a few finance tracking apps installed in my phone before I had to send it to a service center. Just downloaded your app now and here are the initial impressions:

1. I like the fact that the app doesn't need my location information (downloaded through browser) - a lot of apps request for my permission to download this even if the function of the app (a Timer for example) has nothing to do with my location.

2. Start-up time is good, no annoying splash screen telling me what app I just launched since I already know what app it is.:cool:

3. Some grammatical errors in the settings, but very minor. Such as "Live tiles were now" should be "Live tiles are now" since it is describing the present status of the live tile, not a past status.

4. I like how the description under the settings changes depending on which item is active.

5. Needs more supported currencies - this simply stops me from using the app even if I wanted to try it out.

6. Excellent idea in color-coding the categories; makes it easier to find and customize.

7. Good job in adding the dark background theme - saves a lot of battery power in my phone. By the way, some of the captions in the General tab of the settings disappear randomly, e.g. "dark background" just disappeared a few moments ago, but was able to bring it back by tapping on the setting. Now, the word "monthly" under "reporting period" just disappeared.

8. Entertaining captions - conversational, rather than the boring status messages seen in some apps.

9. Being able to pin transaction to start screen is definitely a plus.

10. Not sure if the app can "project" the budget based on current spending trends.

Well, that's it for now. I'll have to deliberate against myself if I should explore further without my currency listed, but overall I think it's a good app, even recommendable to those who may be looking for a budgeting app.

Rating:*
User Interface: 4.5 stars (out of 5)
User Experience: 4 stars
Features: 4.5 stars
Build (bug-free): 4 stars
Overall: 4.25 stars (good)

*- Note that this is just based on the first 23 minutes of using the app, may change once my currency is available and I finally start using the app more.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
This app will give you hard time while restoring your backed up data if you uninstall it or try to restore it. Otherwise, its a very good app in its category.

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a few finance tracking apps installed in my phone before I had to send it to a service center. Just downloaded your app now and here are the initial impressions:

1. I like the fact that the app doesn't need my location information (downloaded through browser) - a lot of apps request for my permission to download this even if the function of the app (a Timer for example) has nothing to do with my location.

2. Start-up time is good, no annoying splash screen telling me what app I just launched since I already know what app it is.:cool:

3. Some grammatical errors in the settings, but very minor. Such as "Live tiles were now" should be "Live tiles are now" since it is describing the present status of the live tile, not a past status.

4. I like how the description under the settings changes depending on which item is active.

5. Needs more supported currencies - this simply stops me from using the app even if I wanted to try it out.

6. Excellent idea in color-coding the categories; makes it easier to find and customize.

7. Good job in adding the dark background theme - saves a lot of battery power in my phone. By the way, some of the captions in the General tab of the settings disappear randomly, e.g. "dark background" just disappeared a few moments ago, but was able to bring it back by tapping on the setting. Now, the word "monthly" under "reporting period" just disappeared.

8. Entertaining captions - conversational, rather than the boring status messages seen in some apps.

9. Being able to pin transaction to start screen is definitely a plus.

10. Not sure if the app can "project" the budget based on current spending trends.

Well, that's it for now. I'll have to deliberate against myself if I should explore further without my currency listed, but overall I think it's a good app, even recommendable to those who may be looking for a budgeting app.

Rating:*
User Interface: 4.5 stars (out of 5)
User Experience: 4 stars
Features: 4.5 stars
Build (bug-free): 4 stars
Overall: 4.25 stars (good)

*- Note that this is just based on the first 23 minutes of using the app, may change once my currency is available and I finally start using the app more.

Thanks for the great review. What's your currency actually? I can add, make you use this app. :)

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
very good app
what I think it needs
a balance at the bottom of the transaction page
reporting is the weak link should be able to report from transactions, balance
between 2 dates at the moment there is only a balance no breakdown that I can find
but it is getting better with every update

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, found it. Thanks. I was only looking at the default currency list, until I noticed that I can add more currencies.

Started using the app already. I'll give it a test run over the following days and will return to this thread after.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just used backup to add my records to New Lumia640 i purchased. It showed some errors and sad Faces, but after three trials it worked.
I love the UI and presentation. Nothing can beat it if its kept up... :)
Cheers to the Developer, I had suggested about scrolling the graphs, which are marked as considered!!

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I just used backup to add my records to New Lumia640 i purchased. It showed some errors and sad Faces, but after three trials it worked.
I love the UI and presentation. Nothing can beat it if its kept up... :)
Cheers to the Developer, I had suggested about scrolling the graphs, which are marked as considered!!

I was working actually. I can make this in action very soon, I seek your patience on this. :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using "Money Wallet" for the last two years or so because.. Well.. it just works. lol

I downloaded the app and I've noticed the following:

When I make a transaction it starts with 0. Why? that really annoys me. So it shows as 0500, instead of 500. Could just be my OCD going off. haha.

For the categories, I noticed the following. There are no sub categories.

From money wallet I've gotten accustom to these categories. Example, under food there would be a sub category of "Restaurant/lunch/ etc". I guess this is where your "Tags" come in?

I have not used the app in extensive detail. Right now i'm trying to connect my one drive account but it does not seem to be working.. ??

Will I be able to restore by CSV file from Money wallet? Because like... All my accounts, data and transactions are there. If I can't restore from it that database, it would not really make sense to me.

Other than those minor quirks, app looks good to me. keep up the good work :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm with ttsoldier on his remark on the "0" - it's strange how the input balance is 0500 instead of just 500.

Here's one major observation:
In the to-do transactions, I've listed names of persons who I owe and who owe me. It seems that there is no way to automatically reflect a transaction where a person pays his debt (or I pay a person my debt) where the changes in the amount is reflected both in my account (or one of my accounts) and the payables/receivables list.

For example, person A owes me 10,000. I've got 60,000 cash in my account. Person A then pays me 5,000. I list his payment under "income" and a category "debt", so my cash account becomes 65,000 but there seems to be no way to automatically deduct 5,000 from his 10,000 debt - I have to manually subtract 5,000 from my "receivables" item for him.

Also, (I've made this remark before) is your app capable of projecting the end-period state of my accounts, e.g. if I will go beyond my budget given my current rate of spending?

Update, bug found: I have to set the reporting period twice for the change to take effect. For example, if it is currently set to "weekly", then I change it to "daily" at first it will still show the weekly report, but after the second attempt to change it to "daily" it will already show the daily report.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa