[APP] OneLocker - An encrypted, W10-styled password manager for WP8.1

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Hello guys,
I'm a computer engineering student and after five months of hard work I recently published a new app: OneLocker.

It is a password manager that is also compatible with Password Safe Pro for Android and Windows, and it has a lot of interesting features I hope you'll like.
I put a lot of effort into the design: I wanted to create an app with a "W10 feel" while keeping some of the key aspects of the WP8.1 design guidelines.
So, I came up with this hamburger menu that you can toggle with a simple swipe left or right, just like with pivot pages.

These are some of the characteristics of the app:

? Super secure, NSA Top Secret standard AES encryption with 256bit keys
? Support for a primary account and multiple guest users
? You can add as many fields as you want to every card in your database, and you can choose from different field types (text, numbers, dates, images and more)
? Assign a group to the items you want, to be able to see them sorted by category
? Add your items to your favorites section
? Create templates from your cards and generate new items with a single touch
? Backup your database on both OneDrive and Dropbox, or inside your phone storage
? Export your data as a CSV file if you want to work with Excel or other external programs
? Set a lockout timer if a user enters the wrong password for too many times
? Tons of settings to customize your app, from the UI to its features
? You can have the app automatically delete the database if someone is trying to access it without having the right password
? Set notifications that will sync on other devices
? ShakeToShow function: shake your phone to quickly show all your hidden fields inside the current card

I wanted to create something that stood out from all the other password managers in the Store: so I tried to combine the best UI I could code with some great features that are not available in other apps, like a tool to test the strength of the passwords, the ability to see detailed statistics for the whole database or for a specific folder, classic functions like copy/cut/duplicate or the ability to create templates from existing cards.

OneLocker also lets you add all the fields you want to each one of your cards: you're not limited to the default templates and you can sort your fields or customize them as you want. The app also has a LOT of different settings so you can personalize it in every single aspect.

The app has a trial version with some limitations, while the full version is at 2.49$.

Here are a few screens from the app, I can't wait to know what you guys think!
Thank you in advance :smile:
Sergio

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: [APP] OneLocker - An encrypted password manager for WP8.1

Dude, this is an awesome app. Almost full of functionalities. Best UI across all password managers I have tried so far. Onedrive backup and ICE stuff is cool. I see too many customizations in setting and that's awesome. This app reflects your hard work.I am planning to play more with it specially with backup and restore functionalities. Ahh, just forgot to review your app on Store..let me do it :)

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [APP] OneLocker - An encrypted password manager for WP8.1

Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm happy to know you like the app :smile:

By the way, there is a new minor update that has just been published: it brings a few fixes for the app resume and for a small feature I added in the last update: the ability to delete previous static backups in your Cloud accounts.

Last edited:

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
does it work with lastpass?

Hello, it's not possible to import its database directly into OneLocker from Windows Phone, as the two apps use two different ways of storing their data.
If you wanted to use OneLocker and then share its database with your lastpass account, that's actually not possible :unhappy:

If you just wanted to import your current passwords into OneLocker, then I think you could get the Password Safe Pro app for Windows (the actual Windows counterpart for OneLocker), export your database from last pass as a csv and then try to import it into password safe pro (the trial version should let you do it).
Then, you'll be able to export the database file from the app and you can use that one for OneLocker.

I'm not 100% this will work, as I don't know exactly how lastpass stores and exports its data.
And of course there are a few differences in the two apps, I'm just a student while behind lastpass there is a whole multinational company ahahahahah

If you have just a few passwords on your lastpass account, you might want to just start from scratch with OneLocker to avoid having to use other apps to move your data.

P.S.
As for OneLocker, I'm working on a new update that will bring some new options to share cards and fields :smile:

Sergio

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
It is quite similar to the app I'm (was) working on except mine is universal, but now I don't think I'll publish it to Windows Store because you have already released your app and I don't want to add similar apps to Win Store.

BTW, your app looks awesome, UI is almost as good as the MS's own apps. Good work Sergio.

Regards,
Richard George

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It is quite similar to the app I'm (was) working on except mine is universal, but now I don't think I'll publish it to Windows Store because you have already released your app and I don't want to add similar apps to Win Store.

BTW, your app looks awesome, UI is almost as good as the MS's own apps. Good work Sergio.

Hello Richard, thank you so much for your feedbacks, I'm glad to know you like the UI :grin:
I published it as a WP8.1 app only as I already had experience with development on mobile, while I didn't have much time to learn how to properly code an UI for a tablet, so I decided to get this version out first.
I'll work on a Universal W10 app when W10 and VS2015 come out in their final releases, and as soon as I have some time to learn the new SDK.
Hopefully that won't take long, as most of the code (ViewModels, libraries and stuff) should work fine on W10 as well.

​Cheers!
Sergio

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello Richard, thank you so much for your feedbacks, I'm glad to know you like the UI :grin:
I published it as a WP8.1 app only as I already had experience with development on mobile, while I didn't have much time to learn how to properly code an UI for a tablet, so I decided to get this version out first.
I'll work on a Universal W10 app when W10 and VS2015 come out in their final releases, and as soon as I have some time to learn the new SDK.
Hopefully that won't take long, as most of the code (ViewModels, libraries and stuff) should work fine on W10 as well.

​Cheers!
Sergio

Hello Sergio,

The kind of UI you have already created doesn't need much of a work on Windows 10, and creating a Universal app is not so different from its mobile counterpart.

I wish you good luck for your app. :smile:

Regards,
Richard George.

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that there is an official hamburger menu in the W10 SDK, so if I used that it shouldn't be too difficult to port the app UI. Actually, what scares me the most is the whole "adaptive UI" thing: I'll have to spend a lot of time to make sure the UI scales well from a phone to a windowed app on W10 Desktop, to a full screen app on a 30". I guess I'll start working on it when my exams are over :grin:

Thanks, good luck to your apps too!
Sergio

dani sorin

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Sticking to Passvault (as it can syn it with my lastpass account) but giving your app a 5 star rating. It is one of the best password manager apps i got my hand on. good luck mate

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Sticking to Passvault (as it can syn it with my lastpass account) but giving your app a 5 star rating. It is one of the best password manager apps i got my hand on. good luck mate

Thank you for the support man, I appreciate it!
I'll see once I get the universal W10 version published if there's a way to integrate LastPass support just like Passvault (at least, I'll try :smile: )

Cheers!
​Sergio

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just published a new major update that added a lot of new features, like the ability to cut/copy/duplicate fields (not just cards and folders) and the ability to share cards via the OS share, and fields both using the OS share and with QR codes.

Here are a couple of screens from the new version:

This is the complete changelog for version 1.2.0.0:
• Added the ability to copy/cut/duplicate fields, with a dedicated clipboard that allows you to move one item and one field at the same time
• Added the ability to share a card using emails, OneNote or other apps, and to share a field using the integrated OS share or via a QR code
• The Dropbox login is now synced across all the devices that use the same Microsoft account
• The app now restores the two clipboards when it is resumed after being terminated by the OS
• The UI now automatically resizes when the NavigationBar is shown or hidden (on devices that don't have the physical navigation keys)
• When the AZ sorting is enabled, the fields inside a card are now ordered correctly
• The edit time of the database is now correctly updated when a card is duplicated
• Fixed a couple of UI glitches that could happen on some devices
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when duplicating a card
• When choosing the database password, the confirm box now gets automatically focused if the enter key is pressed from the first password box
• Fixed a bug that could cause the icons list to fail to load when using a database imported from Password Safe Pro
• Added a workaround for some corrupted group names that could appear in some databases imported from Password Safe Pro
• Fixed a bug that caused the keyboard to appear when the app locked after too many wrong passwords
• Fixed a bug that caused the number of wrong passwords to be incremented twice when the login failed
• The button to reset the color of an item now works correctly when editing a card, folder or field
• Minor code optimizations, fixed a possible memory leak
• Minor UI adjustments
​• Minor translation fixes

Let me know what you think or if you have some ideas or feedbacks for future updates :grin:
​Sergio

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
A new update is available, it contains mostly bug fixes and improvements, and a new password hint feature.

Here are a couple of screens:

This is the complete changelog for this version:

• Added the ability to set a password hint that appears when a wrong password is entered. Go to Settings > Account and scroll down to see the option
​• Added some minor animations when loading the icons list and the colors list
• When copying or duplicating a card, the colors of the contained fields are now copied as well
• Replaced a couple of duplicated icons with some new ones
• Added the trash button for the textbox to set the name of a picture field
• The WordFlow keyboard is now supported for text fields
• Fixed a visual glitch when changing the color of a field with the ShakeToShow option active and the show value button toggled
• The app no longer crash if an error occurs when trying to import an image as the user avatar
• The two clipboards are now correctly restored if the app fails to resume a previous state
• Fixed an issue with the popup that reminds the time of the last backup
• Fixed an issue that could cause some buttons in the lower bar to stop working
• The app no longer crashes if the OS terminates it while picking an image from the phone gallery
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when trying to duplicate a card with the trial version of the app
• Fixed a possible crash when the items list was updated after editing a card or a folder
• The app no longer crashes if the OS fails to activate the share function
• Fixed a rare crash when trying to share a card
• Minor code optimizations
• Minor translation fixes

I'm already working on a new update that will bring a couple of new requested features :smile:

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
New update live in the Store, with a couple of new user-requested features :smile:

Here there are a couple of screens:

And this is the complete changelog:

? The app now lets you pick a field value to copy into the clipboard before navigating from a website directly from within a card
? Added the ability to share a field with a Code 128 barcode and a DataMatrix
? Fixed a bug with the backup reminder
? The app now displays a progress bar while loading the images for the QR codes, barcodes and DataMatrix codes
? The section to enter a gift code is now hidden when the app is already running with a full license
? UI improvements for the card page for 1080p devices
? Minor UI adjustments

And another update is already under development.
Let me know what you think!

​Sergio

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of weeks, I finally uploaded a new update with some new features and bug fixes :grin:

? The templates fields now keep the name and color of the original fields
? Added a workaround for a bug that caused the items list to get stuck when scrolling inside a folder with more than 100 items
? Fixed a bug that caused the navigation stack to be reset when navigating to certain pages
? Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when sharing a card/field using the OS share
? Fixed a bug when pasting a copied field into a different folder
? Minor database optimizations
? Minor translation fixes
? Updated some internal libraries
? Removed a folder from the sample data to give more space for new items in the trial version
? Minor UI adjustments
? The option to automatically set a random color to new cards/folders is now enabled by default
? Added German translation

I hope you'll enjoy it :smile:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading the trial right now but my question is, is there a web counterpart? BTW, it look damn fantastic man! Looks great on my 1520. I mean seriously. You did a great design job. Very clean and WinXM ready.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon