06-20-2015 06:38 AM
39 12
tools
    I have one thing , When i again go to application to check download progress, it takes few seconds before showing up downloading task. I dont know whether it happened just with me or with someone else too.
    06-08-2015 06:52 AM
    I have one thing , When i again go to application to check download progress, it takes few seconds before showing up downloading task. I dont know whether it happened just with me or with someone else too.
    This is because the system has to rediscover active background downloads, which can take a few seconds. I haven't yet investigated if this time can be reduced.
    06-08-2015 06:58 AM
    make it like a browser just for youtube and give a download button below the video so that we can also watch other videos while downloading and if we like that too we can download it simultaneously(in short we have to open the app and switch to chrome every time we want something to download which is not that comfortable)
    06-08-2015 07:02 AM
    make it like a browser just for youtube and give a download button below the video so that we can also watch other videos while downloading and if we like that too we can download it simultaneously(in short we have to open the app and switch to chrome every time we want something to download which is not that comfortable)
    It's one way to do it yes, I just want it to look good too and feel like a phone app. But the switching between a browser and the app is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.
    06-08-2015 09:46 AM
    Another feature to add down the line would be to to add support for Vimeo, DailyMotion etc. At some point, YouTube will switch API again and downloads may be broken till you go and release an update but having DailyMotion, Vimeo etc will give users something to use in the meanwhile.
    06-09-2015 10:51 AM
    Another feature to add down the line would be to to add support for Vimeo, DailyMotion etc. At some point, YouTube will switch API again and downloads may be broken till you go and release an update but having DailyMotion, Vimeo etc will give users something to use in the meanwhile.
    I haven't thought about those sites, but good idea to maybe broaden the range of sites from which the app can download. I hope they wont change their API too often, but you're right, can never know when they might change something. Thanks!
    06-09-2015 12:04 PM
    I haven't thought about those sites, but good idea to maybe broaden the range of sites from which the app can download. I hope they wont change their API too often, but you're right, can never know when they might change something. Thanks!
    Hey man. I'm jealous of you developers and abilities to make apps and i thank you for taking the time to listen to us and trying to help the platform grow. The people who want to use this app are here and there'll be waaayyy more when this becomes more known.

You should try adding support for facebook as well and other sites like others said. You could also give us the option to select which part of the video we would want to download, like being able to trim it from one end to the other if we only like a certain part of a vid. Idk if its already there either.

But we'll keep the ideas flowing to you ! Thanks !
    Last edited by King Nickles Saintil; 06-09-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    06-09-2015 12:18 PM
    Dear dev, the app was awesome. Please make it available on windows 10 store as universal app. Really wants this app on my phone Good job dev, keep it up.
    06-09-2015 08:28 PM
    Hey man. I'm jealous of you developers and abilities to make apps and i thank you for taking the time to listen to us and trying to help the platform grow. The people who want to use this app are here and there'll be waaayyy more when this becomes more known.

You should try adding support for facebook as well and other sites like others said. You could also give us the option to select which part of the video we would want to download, like being able to trim it from one end to the other if we only like a certain part of a vid. Idk if its already there either.

But we'll keep the ideas flowing to you ! Thanks !
    Thanks, your suggestions are noted, though I can't promise all will be implemented or is possible. Yes I hope the downloads will increase as I improve the app, but I enjoy making apps and gaining experience, so I don't consider it waste of time no matter what.

I've just submitted an update, where I added a YouTube search page, so you can search vidoes directly from the app (might have a few bugs I need to find along the way) and I added support for mp3 download and 2 video qualities to choose from. I think the next step is to begin the phone version.
    06-10-2015 06:50 AM
    Dear dev, the app was awesome. Please make it available on windows 10 store as universal app. Really wants this app on my phone Good job dev, keep it up.
    Thank you for your kind words, I'm happy you like the app. I will definitely make a phone version, the app is already an universal app, I just haven't made the phone version yet. I hope I can have the first version ready in a very near future :-)
    06-10-2015 06:52 AM
    Thanks, your suggestions are noted, though I can't promise all will be implemented or is possible. Yes I hope the downloads will increase as I improve the app, but I enjoy making apps and gaining experience, so I don't consider it waste of time no matter what.

I've just submitted an update, where I added a YouTube search page, so you can search vidoes directly from the app (might have a few bugs I need to find along the way) and I added support for mp3 download and 2 video qualities to choose from. I think the next step is to begin the phone version.
    Awesome man ! Wish iIhad a pc to download iand try it. We need more deva like you !
    06-10-2015 04:06 PM
    Due to some new Microsoft app policies, I've had to change the name of the app, so it's now called "TubeCentral". To avoid confusion, I've created a new thread with the new app name:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app...nload-app.html

And the Windows Phone version of the app is also out now. Link is in the new thread.
    06-16-2015 10:35 AM
    Is it support 2g background download???
    06-20-2015 02:00 AM
    Is it support 2g background download???
    As far as I can read from the Microsoft documentation, the background downloader class, which is used in this app, only supports 2g downloads when the app is in the foreground.
    prasanna moholkar likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:38 AM
39 12