Hexagram Makes Your Lumia More Beautiful

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I mean, for example, if I've got a landscape photo, I can only see the portion of the photo that fits the portrait orientation of the app starting from the left side of the photo. Some apps start from the center, some apps distort the image to fit the screen. What I can do is to crop the landscape photo I have into a portrait-oriented image of my choosing before loading it in your app.

Please add the crop/resize/relocate option for photos to your next update, hopefully including the opaque hexagons, too! :wink:

Hello, Just wanted to inform about the new updated version which should be up in a few hours I guess. I have resolved the photo dimensions issue, now all your portrait images will be rendered automatically resized and rescaled to the required dimensions. So I am sure you would look it. Also I have implemented a cool radial slider control for images that can be accessed anytime by clicking the current circle. A bit of function change, now one current circle with open up customized color palette and one will open radial slider. I have also implemented an inbuilt camera selfie button to click from the app itself.

A tutorial coming soon.

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ah, you explained it a little better than I did. This is what I was talking about in my reply above.

It's fixed in new update. Now images rendering will be automatic. Also the opacity slider will be continuous which can be opened by clicking the color circle. One for fine tuning palette and other for transparency control. A new camera mode will also be available to take instant snaps from camera itself.And thanks for some quality ideas.

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks TechFreak1, I understand now. Thanks for the detailed info. i really appreciate it. I have fixed the problem by providing a transparent radial slider thats transparent and easy to use. I have also included camera mode as you requested and inapp purchase option to remove the ads. I currently don't have the latest sdk but I will make sure that the app users don't feel less and get a quality app they expect from Hexagram. I am working on a tutorial too. That one will take some time, but rest all will be available in the latest update.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks TechFreak1, I understand now. Thanks for the detailed info. i really appreciate it. I have fixed the problem by providing a transparent radial slider thats transparent and easy to use. I have also included camera mode as you requested and inapp purchase option to remove the ads. I currently don't have the latest sdk but I will make sure that the app users don't feel less and get a quality app they expect from Hexagram. I am working on a tutorial too. That one will take some time, but rest all will be available in the latest update.

Your most welcome, just want to help make your app a better experience for everyone :).

That was a pretty quick push and confirm the built-in camera function works without a hitch.

I'm sure you'll find a way to incorporate the transparency slider better, as the current workaround is a bit problematic as it makes the right circle redundant :p. I'm not sure if you could incorporate a gesture based toggle in a custom shape in the wp8.0 sdk.

If you can, may be a gesture in the shape of your radial slider - in the same region as the slider and following the path of slider, left to right + right to left [for the lefties] (just food for thought :wink:).

Nice to see you have addressed the preview in the RGB pallete.

Anyway It's always awesome to see a dev engage with users and incorporate suggestions!

Keep up the amazing work man; cant wait to see how this app evolves :excited: and in the mean time will provide feedback here and there.

Edit: P.S the iap validated without any issues also.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Good job, man, the app is looking great! Just had a play with it and I'm liking what I see.
Got a few more items of feedback:
The always available transparency slider is great, glad you put that in, but it's accessibility is...strange, I suppose. It makes the right circle seem redundant, and (from my end at least) doesn't really make sense to be put there.
Also, I'm still having trouble with landscape pictures automatically adjusting to the far left, which is usually pretty uninteresting. I don't know about you guys, but when I take a picture of a flower I usually have it in the center, haha. I'd really like to be able to control what part of the picture I use.
And this one is just idle speculation, take it as you will...but a picture used as a lock screen and a picture used as a background are two different sizes. The background picture is more narrow. Mmmaybe a function that allows you to quickly switch a picture optimized for use as a lock screen to one used as a background, so you use the whole picture. I'm not sure how you would do that, as I've honestly not thought about it too hard, but it seems a shame to make a beautiful picture and only use two-thirds for my background, you know?

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am glad you like the upgrade. The right color circle comes in handy when used in image filter mode. It gets easier access to palette and transparency for images simultaneously. That what I got in many user feedbacks. I also agree with your point that for simple mode its not very useful and seems redundant. But since there is no additional feature required in simple mode the right color circle only does its primary goal of displaying current color as the left performs the dual one. About landscape images there is currently no method available which defines the orientation of the image on its selection. So I am working to find an alternative solution.

About the difference between lockscreen image and background image, both images are saved in standard sizes. Lockscreen images are directly managed by app but there is no control over start screen images. This article on msdn might help you in solving your issue.

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to remove a picture after selecting it? You can replace it but I can't find a way to simply remove it.

In the current version no but to solve your worries I d be making an update where you can simply double tap the image to reset it to the default configurations.

loverusham

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
New update will be available in a couple of hours. It includes double tap to image to reset feature and support for higher resolution images without losing the quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb