Lock WhatsApp - LOCK YOUR WHATSAPP NOW!

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
As I understand from the description it is only creating a shortcut that asks for a password. But WhatsApp is still accessible from the app list without any password requirement, right?

Qasim Irfan

May 28, 2013
Visit site
As I understand from the description it is only creating a shortcut that asks for a password. But WhatsApp is still accessible from the app list without any password requirement, right?

you are 100% right, though max of time people usually check from start screen and going and finding in applist for first time user is not fast and hassle free

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
applist lock is not allowed due to OS limitations

It has nothing to do with OS limitations. It has to do with WP providing a completely different mechanism to secure apps, one that actually works, because app lockers are terribly insecure. I can get around any app locker on Android.
The primary security measure for such scenarios (lending someone else your device) on WP is called apps corner.

Qasim Irfan

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with OS limitations. It has to do with WP providing a completely different mechanism to secure apps, one that actually works, because app lockers are terribly insecure. I can get around any app locker on Android.
The primary security measure for such scenarios (lending someone else your device) on WP is called apps corner.

very well written, do you have any suggestion to improve the lock whatsapp - app in current scenario ?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
very well written, do you have any suggestion to improve the lock whatsapp - app in current scenario ?

The reason so many people want an apps locker is not because it's good or secure, but because it's a well known and understood approach on Android. People with similar requirements on WP obviously look for something similar. The reason that approach is widespread on Android is , again, not because it's actually secure, but because that's the only "solution" the Android APIs allowed developers to create.

One of the biggest problems the apps corner has, is that nobody looking for an apps locker will stumble upon it. Not even the name "apps corner" sounds like it has anything to do with security. IMHO it's also not as easy to use as an apps locker app. Obviously, the app locker has a few problems...

Replicating the already poor apps locker approach on WP, where it almost completely breaks down, just isn't a good idea. IMHO the best any "apps locker" on WP can do is to turn itself into a tutorial:

- explain problems with app lockers
- explain conceptual differences between app lockers and apps corner
- explain the security advantages/usability disadvantages of apps locker
- demonstrate how to best setup apps corner on WP and how to use it

At least that's my opinion.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Qasim.

Although we like to see new apps with interesting features in the store, I'm afraid that such "app lockers" fall under the category "misleading". If users start reporting your app as "misleading", you may soon run into trouble with your developer account in Microsoft. Take this as a word of advice (not a threat). :wink:

There are still some apps that aren't in Windows Phones that may be very attractive. For example, CamFind is one strong candidate, available both in iOS and Android - I've contacted them and it looks like an official app won't be arriving anytime soon. Now that will be an app that will be true to what it is supposed to do. :cool:

Qasim Irfan

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Qasim.

Although we like to see new apps with interesting features in the store, I'm afraid that such "app lockers" fall under the category "misleading". If users start reporting your app as "misleading", you may soon run into trouble with your developer account in Microsoft. Take this as a word of advice (not a threat). :wink:

There are still some apps that aren't in Windows Phones that may be very attractive. For example, CamFind is one strong candidate, available both in iOS and Android - I've contacted them and it looks like an official app won't be arriving anytime soon. Now that will be an app that will be true to what it is supposed to do. :cool:

thanks for the friendly advise, in descriptions of app we have clearly mentioned the app functionality how it works. max users understand that as well

CAMFIND : thanks for the awesome idea we will look into it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss