[Win10] [APP] WiFi Monitor - Analyze nearby WiFi networks to find the best channel

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello windowscentral,

I've just released my first Universal Windows app, WiFi Monitor, available on Windows 10 desktop and mobile devices. Based on the popular android app, this is a long awaited windows phone (and desktop) app that allows you to scan nearby WiFi networks in order to find the optimum channel frequency for your network, and more! Brought to you by the creator of VoiceWake and GrooveGrid

Basic free version features include:
  • View currently connected WiFi info on the dashboard page
  • View a detailed graph of nearby WiFi network signal strengths and channels (2.4 and 5 GHz)
  • View a list of all nearby WiFi networks and information about them (SSID, MAC address, signal strength, security settings, etc.)

Premium paid version features include:
  • No Ads (Coming soon to free version)
  • Upload and Download speed testing
  • Display WiFi vendor info on list page
  • Connect directly to WiFi networks within the app

Desktop Pictures:

Mobile Pictures:

Last edited:

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been receiving multiple reports about a bug that makes the dashboard incorrectly display "Not connected to a network" when users are in fact connected. I've just submitted an update to the store to hopefully fix this issue. However, I cannot reproduce this error on my machine, so it is difficult to pinpoint what is happening.

If you are experiencing this issue, please let me know if the next update fixes it (version 1.1.4.0). It should be live either tonight or early tomorrow morning depending on how quickly the store processes my submission.

Also, if anyone finds any other bugs or has any feature requests, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12