LeadStory is a Beautiful, Minimal, and Free Newsreader for Windows Phone

LeadStory

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
300.PNG LeadStory

What is LeadStory?
LeadStory is a powerful, yet minimal newsreader for Windows Phone. Powered by Google News, a fast and powerful news platform, LeadStory delivers exciting, relevant content from your favorite local, national, and international publishers to your mobile phone. The front page of LeadStory contains, by default, 8 sections – such as Sports, Local, and World news – which can be accessed quickly by swiping or using the section switcher. Each section, designed to load in under two seconds on 4G, provides exciting content relevant to your interests.

3img.jpg

Features
Leadstory’s personalization features provide an advanced level of customization to the user. Custom Sections is an easy way to quickly access news about your favorite topics. When you enter a query in Search, you can save that topic as a section in your news feed, allowing you to return to it at a later time using the ‘Sections’ browser or by swiping through. Additionally, LeadStory is built with advanced local news support, so when you enter your desired location at startup, you will receive news from top local publishers or articles from your local news channel’s website. Lastly, any article can be saved to favorites and accessed later.

Here are some of LeadStory's top features:

• Basic live tile providing the user with up-to-date information about the latest top story.
  • Advanced web viewer for articles, free of disruptions and invasive advertising
  • Innovative content recommendation, discovery and search system
  • “News for You” personalized recommendations

Download
LeadStory is available for a free download in the Windows Phone Store here or using the QR code below. It is currently only available for Windows Phone 8.1/10, but a desktop version is on the way. The app is ad-supported, but any ads can be removed permanently for a 0.99 in-app purchase.

QR Code:

code.png

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You had me at "The app is ad-supported, but any ads can be removed for the session" which is awesome. But what do you mean by SESSION?

Sure is a speedy son of gun. I found a small problem reading an Engadget story where after scrolling down, much of the story was clipped away. Not sure what happened there but its Windows 10 ready for sure. Thanks dev.

LeadStory

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
You had me at "The app is ad-supported, but any ads can be removed for the session" which is awesome. But what do you mean by SESSION?

Sure is a speedy son of gun. I found a small problem reading an Engadget story where after scrolling down, much of the story was clipped away. Not sure what happened there but its Windows 10 ready for sure. Thanks dev.

The session is basically the time that the app is open, and is terminated when the app is closed. An ad is removed by clicking on it, and removed permanently for 0.99. Anyway, thank you. As for your problem with the stories, i'm always working on making the stories display properly, but as I parse them from thousands of websites, some are bound to have errors - for now, just click the link icon at the top and view it in the browser. As I said, i'm always trying to improve the readability features, but some sites just have a way of putting so many ads, interactive windows, etc (generally unwanted things on a mobile device) that they can be completely impossible to parse. If this becomes an excessive problem, I might just start blacklisting sites that do this so that they do not degrade the UX within my app.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The session is basically the time that the app is open, and is terminated when the app is closed. An ad is removed by clicking on it, and removed permanently for 0.99. Anyway, thank you. As for your problem with the stories, i'm always working on making the stories display properly, but as I parse them from thousands of websites, some are bound to have errors - for now, just click the link icon at the top and view it in the browser. As I said, i'm always trying to improve the readability features, but some sites just have a way of putting so many ads, interactive windows, etc (generally unwanted things on a mobile device) that they can be completely impossible to parse. If this becomes an excessive problem, I might just start blacklisting sites that do this so that they do not degrade the UX within my app.

Ahhh, ok makes sense. I like this app man. I'll dig into it a bit more in the coming days but IMHO, its off to a good start. A very good start. Well done.

LeadStory

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been launching multiple small updates over the past few days, as I prepare to submit my app to the press and launch to a larger audience. These updates, and one that is launching today, fixes and adds:
- Fixes some of the bugs causing the app to crash.
- New light/dark theme.
- Better ads
- 1080p compatibility.
- Tweaking and improving pro features and prompts.
- Fixing UI bugs.
- Technology section.
- Better/larger touch targets

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786