WishCloud [FREE]

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi people :)

I've created a new app called WishCloud, which basically is an online wishlist app. I hope some of you are willing to try the app and maybe come with some feedback about what you like and don't like.

- You can save your wishes with a description and picture
- No account needed, the app creates an unique ID based on your phone, to save and load your wishes
- Share your wishlist with friends and family
- And more...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/wishcloud/9nblggh68chc

qrcode.png

Thank you!

Best Regards
Thomas

wpbestplayer

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I tried your app. It's very nice, just two notices:

1. In my phone when i save a wish, it doesn't appear in wishlist.
2. When you add an item in a specific wish (name, link, price, note) and you hit the "check" icon at the bottom of the visible keyboard, the wish is saved. I think you should change this function, and make the keyboard just invisible.

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and for trying the app!

It should automatically reload the wishlist after adding an item and going back to the mainpage, if the wish is saved succesfully. I'll try to see if I can find an error related to this.

Not sure what you mean about making the keyboard invisible, does the keyboard appear even if you just check the "Allow edit when shared"? It should only appear when one of textboxes gain focus (Name, link, price, note).

Best Regards
Thomas

wpbestplayer

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thomas. Sorry that i wasn't very clear. My English is bad. I will try to explain.
1) When i add a wishlist, a popup message appears that it informs that "Wish added successfully". I press the button "Go Back", but in the page with title: "MY WISHLIST", the list is clear.
2) In the page with title "ADD WISH" there are four textboxes: Name, Link, Price and Note. If the user adds a Name for the wish and then clicks the check button at the bottom of the keyboard (app bar), the wish will be saved immediately, so if the user wants to add a price for the wish he will not be able to do it, because the wish was saved before. I mean that when the keyboard is visible, the check button that is used for the wish to be saved is tricky and may mislead the user thinking that the check button is the "enter" button(making the keyboard invisible) and not the "save" button. The only way to make the keyboard invisible is by pressing the back button and i think there are users -including me- that they don't know, they don't like or they are not used this kind of behaviour. There are phones with low resolution, so if a user wants to enter data in the textbox with the title "Note", (the textbox will be behind the visible keyboard) has to make the keyboard invisible.
In my opinion there are three solutions:
1. The check button(save) will be disabled or invisible when the keyboard is visible (so the user will not be misled).
2. The enter button in the keyboard must make it invisible.
3. Both 1+2.
Of course all the above is my opinion and doesn't mean that i am correct:) I hope you understand my English Thomas.
Marios

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Marios

Thanks for taking the time to explain it so well.

1. I havent experienced this myself during tests, but will look into it.

2. I understand what you mean now and I think you might be right. I just didnt see that because I developed it myself from a phone with high res. Seems like fine suggestions too, which I will consider.

Great feedback.

Best regards
Thomas

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Marios, I have updated the app to fix some of problems you mentioned, here's what changed:

- Changed the wishlist link to show your wishes in plain text instead of XML, when you share your wishlist by sms/mail
- Added "Refresh list" button
- Fixed a bug under imported wishlists causing not all wishes to be visible
- Save button temporarily disabled when adding a new wish until text editing is done, to prevent a wish from being saved before you're done
- Small UI changes

If anyone have suggestions for improvements or new features, feel free to share them. Thanks.

tsr1983

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've started to make the desktop version of the universal app, so that you can edit your wishlist from phone as well as desktop/tablet. Most code can be reused, so I don't think it will take long.

Suggestions for either version of the app is still very welcome, as well as feedback in general. Thank you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3