Action Note: Integrate a note-taking app within your Windows 10 Action Center

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I?m a Computer Science student from Germany and would like to introduce my latest App project. This time, it?s about an innovative note-taking app called Action Note for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. Some of you might already know my existing apps, such as Photo Marker, powernAPP or pocketBRAIN. There are regularly listed in the app highlights of the Windows Phone Store.

actionnote.jpg

First of all, why have I developed a note-taking app? Aren?t there already many others? You are probably right, but Action Note is not just another note-taking app.
On Windows PC, I was still a fan of ?Sticky Notes?, where you can have notes on your PC?s desktop. They are easy to access, always in your view and very simple to use. But they have also downsides, such as they are text only, not able to sync with my smartphone, and are sometimes just in my way. That made me thinking about an app that combines the advantages of note-taking apps (such as OneNote) with the ease of use of Windows ?Stick Notes?. The result of this is Action Note, a note taking app that allows to create, read and delete notes with even starting the app ? because it integrates with your Windows 10 Action Center!

1.png 2.png

Taking advantage of the new Windows 10 Action Center makes your notes accessible with just a single click or swipe-gesture. Even attached pictures can be displayed directly, ordered by the creation date or your defined color-category.

2.png

And in case want to put your productivity to a maximum, upgrade to the Pro Version and enable the cross-device synchronization. Access your notes from everywhere!
Do you like that idea? Then download Action Note for free from the Windows Store:
qr_actionnote_tile.png

As always:
I would be really happy to get some feedback. In case you have some ideas that could make the app even better ? just write it down in the comments!

Best regards from Munich in Germany,
Ben

Last edited:

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the app, and the idea is really cool.
Especially the attachment thing. Amazing.
wayyy faster than opening OneNote to keep a single note..
What you could do to improve it would be to be able to remove a note from the action center.
(For now there's a way to save one, now we could use a way to remove it :p)

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What you could do to improve it would be to be able to remove a note from the action center.
(For now there's a way to save one, now we could use a way to remove it :p)

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Actually, it is possible to remove notes. When you remove note-notification (just like any other notification by swiping it to the right or by pressing the X), the note will be moved to the archive.

Best regards,
Ben

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I noted that a few hours ago ! I feel a bit stupid I didn't realize it before. Since the main notification "Action note" is always coming back I thought the notes would have the same behaviour, but not.

Really looking forward to improvements on this app, keep up the great work

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just uploaded a new update, which will be available soon:
  • Added swipe gesture to hamburger menu
  • Added keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+S, CTRL+N, ...)
  • Added notes viewer in the archive
  • Added option to deactivate "clear all" in the Action Center (currently Phone version only)
  • Added notes counter to primary Live Tile
  • Minor fix in sharing option that the title is not neglected
  • Fixed bug when "Title and Content" is used when creating tiles
  • Added option to define the default title of a note

Have a nice Christmas! :)

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just uploaded a new update (version 1.7), which includes the following:
  • Ability to restore notes from archive
  • Fixed bug that a note was not auto saved when the user navigates to another page
  • New language: Spanish

Enjoy...! :angel:

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just uploaded the new version 1.11, which I've developped during the weekend. It includes the following:
- New Pro Feature: Reading QR codes
- Tapping the attachement file will launch with the default program*
- Fixed bug that the Live Tile was not updated when a note was changed from another device
- New translation: Korean
- Revised translation: French

action_note_qr.png

* Currently not working on the mobile version. There still seems to be a little bug in WM10...

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
A new update (Version 1.13) was just uploaded:
- Reworked main Live Tile
- Clickable links
- Context menu accessible on touchscreen devices via long-hold gesture
- Fixed conflicting settings configuration
- New translations: Turkish, Ukrainian

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
After a short break, I have finally found some time to continue on Action Note. Version 1.14 brings the following improvements:
  • Added option to minimize and maximize note items in the list
  • Added new sync settings: 4 hours interval and manually
  • Fixes bug that a note has been saved twice
  • Fixes bug that in some cases a note has been saved even when the "discard" button was pressed
  • Fixed bug that the Live Tiles was not updated when a note was deleted in the Action Center
  • Some other minor fixes
  • New translations: Hebrew

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
One more update!
Since the Action Center has redesigned in the Anniversary Update, I had to do some adjustments.

Version 2.0 of Action Note brings the following improvements:
  • Updated exclusively for Anniversary Update
  • Fixed issue that the colored dot was not shown
  • Minor redesign of the Quick Notes notification
  • Fixes bug that background tasks have not been registered
  • Setting to disable "Allow to clear all notes" in Action Center is now also supported for PC and Tablets
  • New language: Arabic

In the next weeks, I will publish another update to get use of the new Action Center API. But first, I have to check out what kind of new opportunities are possible, and what is really useful for Action Note...

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Once more: Another update is out there...

Changelog of version 2.1.40:
  • Fixed disappearing notes issue by disabling the new Notification Mirroring feature of the latest Windows 10 update
  • Added alphabetical ordering of notes
  • Updated languages: Polish, Swedish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb