Evo Explores - the game inspired by Monument Valley!

Kiril Kuzyk

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!
I will fix the sound in nearest update.
No, progress will not be saved after reinstall. We will add clound saves in future.

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow, didn't expect such a quality game. The clone part is fun.

The Trial is good enough for you to test the game. Nothing to complain about, just cannot find a way to quit the game other than close the whole task.

Nice quality game!

Might consider buy it to support the developer :)

Kiril Kuzyk

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!
cannot find a way to quit the game other than close the whole task
We didn't pass the certification when quit button was present. I think this is a way Microsoft want us to treat applications. They want us to minimize apps and os will decide when to kill the process by itself. As far as I know, minimized app shouldn't consume battery power unless the app has "work in background" functionality.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

We didn't pass the certification when quit button was present. I think this is a way Microsoft want us to treat applications. They want us to minimize apps and os will decide when to kill the process by itself. As far as I know, minimized app shouldn't consume battery power unless the app has "work in background" functionality.
Use the back button on the home screen, and maybe a (are you sure?) dialogue? That's how a couple others do it.

Kiril Kuzyk

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Quick question: How hard would it be to implement a level editor?
I pondered about level editor and found it nearly impossible to make. There are so much possible variations in level design so I can't even imagine how long will it take to make an editor. And even if I make it will it be convenient to use?
Level editor is in my dreams but I'm now sure if it possible to make something worthwhile.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I pondered about level editor and found it nearly impossible to make. There are so much possible variations in level design so I can't even imagine how long will it take to make an editor. And even if I make it will it be convenient to use?
Level editor is in my dreams but I'm now sure if it possible to make something worthwhile.
You'd need a pretty sophisticated and glitch-resistant game engine. And part of the variety of the levels probably required packing new bits into the engine, I'm guessing.

Are you going to come out with any DLC packs? Maybe prequels or something?

DarthSidiousPT

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Kiril, i noticed there's an update to the game (and a PC version too), i updated and lost all my progress :unhappysweat: also it says it's a Trial version (can't find a place to input the code) . My question is? Am i able to play the PC version too, or only the WP? Can my save be recovered, or i need to finish it again?

Kiril Kuzyk

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, strange. The progress should save after update.
Did you reinstall or updated?
The progress saves only if you purchased the game. Evo Explores have no cloud saves because cloud saves requires device id. And we didn't want to require that permission.

DarthSidiousPT

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I went to the Store page (through the phone) and there was an Update button, i updated it (game was never uninstalled, to avoid loosing my progress) and after that i started it, and i was presented with the tutorial menu saying it was a Trail version bla bla, so i went to the Options and there was only the Sound and framerate toggle, nothing else.

DarthSidiousPT

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry for the false info, that Trial message at the beginning tricked me :grincry: , the game was indeed the Full version. The only thing that i lost was the Save game, but i can finish it again, so that's not really a problem!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99