[UWP] [APP] VoiceWake for Windows 10

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, I'm developer LaikaGlove. You may remember me from apps such as GrooveGrid, WiFi Monitor, and VoiceWake.

I'm here to announce VoiceWake for Windows 10!

What is VoiceWake?

VoiceWake is a Windows 10 app that allows you to wake, shutdown, restart, hibernate and sleep your PC using Cortana.

What's new in Windows 10

VoiceWake has changed significantly from it's initial release on Windows Phone 8.1. With an improved setup tutorial utilizing network discovery, configuration is easier than ever on Windows 10. The Windows 10 version also includes an advanced hardware monitoring functionality (view real time CPU, GPU, RAM, and hard drive statistics). You can also view and even close running processes on a device.

Is it free?

There is a free 7 day trial period in which all of VoiceWake's features are available.

Are there any requirements?

VoiceWake requires a server application installed on your machine which you can download here. NOTE: If you used VoiceWake on Windows Phone 8.1, please uninstall the old server app before installing this one!!!

Why is the server app blocked by Windows Smart screen?

Unfortunately Windows 10 blocks all applications unless you purchase a $100/year certificate to sign your application. In order to obtain this certificate you must pay for the certificate, gather multiple documents to verify your identity, get a notary to sign a form verifying all of this information, mail the information to a certificate reseller, etc. I'm looking into doing all of this, but in the meantime I just want to write apps...

What does the server app do?

The server app simply runs as a service on your machine and accepts the shutdown, restart, hibernate, and sleep commands from the Windows Store app. It also drives the hardware monitoring and process list back end for the VoiceWake client. None of this information is sent anywhere except to the VoiceWake client.

Are there any other features coming in the future?

Yes, certainly here's a few upcoming features to look forward to:
  • Pin devices to start (with live tile showing detailed hardware information)
  • Hardware monitoring graphs
  • HDD and temperature notifications (toast notifications alerting you when your HDD is full or if your CPU/GPU goes over a certain temperature)
  • More languages

Screenshots:
wp_ss_20160109_0001.pngwp_ss_20160109_0005.pngwp_ss_20160109_0006.pngwp_ss_20160109_0008.png

As usual, feedback is always welcome!

Last edited:

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you mariuzzs. I put a lot of work into this version and it's probably my biggest application yet (as far as code is concerned).

OMG_AdDuplex_badge.png

Also, I'm proud to announce VoiceWake has been awarded OMG! status by AdDuplex HERO APPS Program! You'll probably be seeing more about VoiceWake on windowscentral sometime this month.

Baber Malik

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering since this app uses Cortana, would it be possible to check in on (or even turn off) my Windows PC and laptop using the Cortana app on the iPhone 6S Plus in conjunction with VoiceWake? Or is this strictly compatible only between Windows 10 and WM 10?

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering since this app uses Cortana, would it be possible to check in on (or even turn off) my Windows PC and laptop using the Cortana app on the iPhone 6S Plus in conjunction with VoiceWake? Or is this strictly compatible only between Windows 10 and WM 10?

I think in order to do this I would need to port VoiceWake to iOS, which I don't currently have plans for unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon