My 500px Universal App - 500px Client with Upload

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
App Link -> My 500px Universal for PC and Mobile

My 500px is a full feature 500px client with upload capability. My 500px can update your lock screen/desktop/mobile start screen wallpaper automatically and features 2 live tiles. View your photos and those of any user. Search by keywords or tags.

Features:
- Upload photos directly from your device.
- App live tile will that cycles and update 5 images from any feed of your choice!
- My Cycle Tile: Select up to 20 images of your choice to cycle on a live tile.
- Wallpaper: Automatically updates lock screen/desktop/mobile start screen wallpaper to feed of your choice.
- Save images to your device.
- View your photos or those of any user.
- Search by keywords or tags
- Image and data feed cached for quicker browsing.
- Follow/Unfollow users, Like/Unlike photos with your 500px account

App is free with in-app purchase to remove Advertisement.

PC Screenshots

mainpage.PNG

feature_view_set_feed.jpg

image_detail_save_set.jpg

comments.PNG

map.PNG

search.png

upload.png

Mobile Screenshots

wp_ss_20160110_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20160110_0002.jpg

wp_ss_20160110_0003.png

wp_ss_20160110_0004.png

wp_ss_20160110_0005.png

wp_ss_20160110_0006.png

wp_ss_20160110_0007.png

App Link -> My 500px Universal

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded and tried this now in my PC; it seems like it is some sort of web-wrapper since I am seeing exactly the same layout of buttons that is shown in the website.

Is this a real fully-functional app, or is this just another web-wrapper?

Update: Thanks to the response of the developer, my initial findings need to be updated. It works as mentioned, just make sure you login fully. A recommended download, considering the official 500px app is long gone from the store.

Last edited:

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
This is a native app, not a web wrapper. Just curious, what buttons are you referring to that are the same?

Just downloaded and tried this now in my PC; it seems like it is some sort of web-wrapper since I am seeing exactly the same layout of buttons that is shown in the website.

Is this a real fully-functional app, or is this just another web-wrapper?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The top menu or navigation bar. It looks exactly like the 500px.com webpage, even the behavior, the loading animations. It's as if I'm viewing it through a browser.

Eurx

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I liked it. Waiting for this until official one abandoned. But so much freezing on my L930. Is that my own problem with the app or needs optimization?

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean when you are logging in? The login is oauth, which means you log in on 500px.com website which then in returns provides the app with a token which allows it to access your account to like a photo, post a comment, upload a photo etc. This way you don't provide the app with your actual password.

The top menu or navigation bar. It looks exactly like the 500px.com webpage, even the behavior, the loading animations. It's as if I'm viewing it through a browser.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the app on a cell connection or wifi? On cell connection or slower connection it, it may run slow as it downloads the images which are high quality. I will be looking at adding a setting which you can have the app use lower resolution when on a cell connection. In addition I will be looking at optimizing the image loading if possible.

I liked it. Waiting for this until official one abandoned. But so much freezing on my L930. Is that my own problem with the app or needs optimization?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the app on a cell connection or wifi? On cell connection or slower connection it, it may run slow as it downloads the images which are high quality. I will be looking at adding a setting which you can have the app use lower resolution when on a cell connection. In addition I will be looking at optimizing the image loading if possible.

I'm using Wi-Fi. At any rate, my cellular connection is faster than my Wi-Fi.

I must mention that I tried logging into my 500px account, and that's when I started seeing the webpage-looking layout. If I were to just browse for, say, "Upcoming" photos without logging in, the app doesn't show the browser-like interface. Of course the log-in page is standard and will resemble the one that is in the web, but even after logging in the app loaded the main landing page that is the same page shown in the browser.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
When you login, you need to tap on Authorize app. Once you do that, it will close the 500px site which you logged in on and return to the app. You are browsing from the login page.

I'm using Wi-Fi. At any rate, my cellular connection is faster than my Wi-Fi.

I must mention that I tried logging into my 500px account, and that's when I started seeing the webpage-looking layout. If I were to just browse for, say, "Upcoming" photos without logging in, the app doesn't show the browser-like interface. Of course the log-in page is standard and will resemble the one that is in the web, but even after logging in the app loaded the main landing page that is the same page shown in the browser.

Eurx

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I am using Wi-Fi.(16mb) And now I tried it on desktop, same and having problem with size. It's not fit well on screen.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be freezing up. Can you give me more information on size issue, how it doesn't fit? Can you provide screenshots?

Thanks

I am using Wi-Fi.(16mb) And now I tried it on desktop, same and having problem with size. It's not fit well on screen.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The image resolution is maxed at 1080 pixels on longest edge, so when you go full screen the image will be stretched. The API allows to retrieve a max size of 2048 pixels on longest edge but I think performance would be effected when downloading images that large, on mobile its even worse at that.

Having said that, I will be looking at adding settings to choose the image size to download for viewing for mobile and for desktop. When saving the image to your device, it already downloads at max size.

Freezing problem on computer is fixed after uninstall and installed it again. And size rate goes wrong at full screen like this; http://i.hizliresim.com/XL0YVD.png
http://i.hizliresim.com/YrD502.png

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
App Link -> My 500px Universal for PC and Mobile

New update available

- Added feature to show background image on main page and set opacity
- Added settings to specify image size for metered and unmetered connections
- Added setting to specify image size for downloaded images
- Added setting to disable background task when on metered connection

Screenshots
main_with_bg.jpg

settings_update.PNG

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
New update with the following features

- Added ability to order features on main page (drag and drop)
- Added setting to select which feature to use for main page background image
- Added Highest Rating and Following (images of users you follow) features
- Added feature to switch between dark and light theme
- Minor bug fixes / enhancements

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

- Updated animations on main page to utilize WinComposition with setting to turn off
- Updated main page tiles to fit two tiles on different mobile resolutions
- Added number of photos you have left for upload and notice of when you can upload again if limit reached.
- Minor UI enhancements and bug fixes.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster