TASK MANAGER app available for Windows 10 Mobile

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20160116_0002.pngwp_ss_20160116_0003.pngwp_ss_20160116_0005.pngwp_ss_20160116_0012.png
If your phone is running Windows 10 Mobile and you can't monitor the performance of your device, a beautifully designed Task Manager app is available for your device. You can view system performance inf such as CPU usage, Memory usage, GPU usage, Disk transfer speed and Network transfer statistics, all in real time. You can view running apps and can even close them one by one or free up memory by closing them at once by optimizing. Other features include viewing all installed apps including system apps, device manager, and process viewer. You can even pin one tap shutdown tile, restart tile and optimize tile on the start screen. Cortana integration is also there.
Give the app a try and don't forget to provide feedback.

Lite: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/apps/task-manager-lite/9nblggh5jpjc

Pro: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/apps/task-manager-pro/9nblggh5jpj9

Last edited:

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Tested on Lumia950.

Very well done I'll leave a good review on italian store.

The main problem is that you'll receive many bad reviews because people cannot do the initial setup...

Another problem is that showing your device on the network without authentication is not a great idea, I see you added authentication support and it works but it is a bit hidden (the description even says it is not supported).

What I would do to mitigate the problems (that I understand are imposed by the API) is:
-show the tutorial each time you get into the app with a "do not show this again" checkbox
-include in the tutorial the authentication part as a last non-mandatory step
-redirect people back to the tutorial when the device is not properly configured instead of going on with infinite attempts and loading dots...

I really hate the US market full of people leaving bad reviews without even trying...

If you improve the usability a bit for low end users I think this app really deserves to be on the front page, you had a good idea (and if I were you I wouldn't share so easily which API you used, this market is full of people trying to steal other ideas, while I understand that that api is not hidden by any means do not make their lives so easy).

Oh one last thing. As you noticed the store does not show your app even when searching by title. What you should do is contact support and stress them. It happened to my apps before, while they say they are aware of the problem and working to fix the store you should tell them this is not acceptable and sooner or later your app starts to magically appear.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Tested on Lumia950.

Very well done I'll leave a good review on italian store.

The main problem is that you'll receive many bad reviews because people cannot do the initial setup...

Another problem is that showing your device on the network without authentication is not a great idea, I see you added authentication support and it works but it is a bit hidden (the description even says it is not supported).

What I would do to mitigate the problems (that I understand are imposed by the API) is:
-show the tutorial each time you get into the app with a "do not show this again" checkbox
-include in the tutorial the authentication part as a last non-mandatory step
-redirect people back to the tutorial when the device is not properly configured instead of going on with infinite attempts and loading dots...

I really hate the US market full of people leaving bad reviews without even trying...

If you improve the usability a bit for low end users I think this app really deserves to be on the front page, you had a good idea (and if I were you I wouldn't share so easily which API you used, this market is full of people trying to steal other ideas, while I understand that that api is not hidden by any means do not make their lives so easy).

Oh one last thing. As you noticed the store does not show your app even when searching by title. What you should do is contact support and stress them. It happened to my apps before, while they say they are aware of the problem and working to fix the store you should tell them this is not acceptable and sooner or later your app starts to magically appear.

Thanks for the advice. I'll surely implement them.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Interesting app! What API's did you use to get this info on phones?

There's a built-in Device Portal option that has all of this information once you enable Developer Mode. Generally, you would access this information through the web browser (127.0.0.1) but this app and a few others like that pull in that information into an app for a better/simpler view.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
New Update:
- Dark Theme
- Authentication support
- The app now launches instantly
- Performance improvements for low ram devices
- You can now uninstall apps either one by one or multiple apps at once
- Improved UX

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
New Update:
- Added Network Manager
- Ability to install apps locally from phone memory or SD card (currently only APPX supported)
- Go to installed apps section to install new apps
- Added 40+ languages (thanks to MS Translator)
- Lots of bug fixes

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Just had a tinker with this on my 930 and my lowly, but fab, 1320. Takes me back to my droid days lol. I knew win mobile was frugal, I just didn't know how frugal it was, with resources. Running a few apps, wc, Ms health, Bluetooth with band syncing, maps and Cortana, the cpu hardly broke sweat, and ram rarely got over 600mb! At rest, just system and associated bits and bobs, ram sits at 455mb. The 1320, bless her, did work a bit harder, but was nowhere near stressed. I've seen some droids curl their toes and die with just a few apps tunning!

Anyway, 5 star feedback left on UK store, and thanks for confirming what I had heard.

Well done fella

angadzinger

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi bro, heard a lot abt the app, but i'm using lumia 640 anniversary update and i've tried multiple times the method given at the start but still the app keeps showing not configured.
Kindly help me out here
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon