Do you follow tennis? Give my TennisFreak app a try

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If you are a tennis fan you probably know there are not many good tennis apps for Windows mobile.

SofaScoreLive is about the best option I could find.
Only problem is it was for more than just tennis and I wanted something specific that offered a little more.

So I built my own app and have been constantly working on it.

Being an independent its hard for me to get access to the same data the big players do so I have been slowly working in getting what I can.

Here is what my app can do currently:

View tennis ATP, WTA, and Grand Slam tournaments (Wimbledon, Australian Open, French Open, US Open) around the world from today to years past!
See live tennis scores, results, and upcoming matches. Live scores give you the current game and set scores, who is serving, and who won the match.
Detailed match stats for select ATP tour matches, updated in real time (if you have auto refresh enabled)!! You will get play by play updates with all the important match information like first serve %, break points converted, etc.... Current day active tournament draws available for viewing. You have the ability to select ATP/WTA players as one of your favorites.
Favorite players have their own hub and if they are playing, their match scores will be in the hub without you even having to view the tournament. If you click on their match scores it will take you directly to the tournament!
Favorite players on live tiles - If your favorite players are playing in a tournament you will get their match scores and results for the day right on your live tile!
Get the latest tennis news from 4 different media outlets. You will see all the headlines for all the latest tennis news. If you want more detail you will be able to view the entire article right in TennisFreak without ever having to leave! Current men's and women's singles rankings. Current men's and women's money earnings for the year.

TennisFreak offers customization as well!
Themes - choose between a dark and light theme
Auto Refresh - you can choose to have live tennis scores auto refresh right on screen in intervals of 30, 60, and 90 seconds.
News Feeds - you can choose to see any of the following tennis news from ESPN, Yahoo, ATP World Tour, and WTA Tour
Live Tile - If you enable TennisFreak live tile you will get the current news headlines put right on your home screen! These will update and change as new headlines come in. You can also choose to put your favorite ATP/WTA players right on your live tile and see their scores for the match they played that day.
Toast Notifications - enable toast notifications to know when your favorite players matches start/stop and even get set score updates.

Please give my app a try and let me know what you think:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...scores-and-news%2F9nblgggzm801&token=qpKsJd3x

Last edited:

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I wanted to add Djokovic to my Favorites list. First of all, I could not find a way to search for a player by his/her name. So I navigated to Tour info -> ATP Rankings. Here I can see Djokovic's name, but tapping it does nothing. Nevermind, he has a match tomorrow - I'll select him from there I thought. So I went to the Tournaments page, searched for Mens tournaments on 01/31/16 and selected Australian open from the results. A two-tabbed section opened, titled Completed and Scheduled respectively, both completely empty.
If I'm doing something wrong, the app needs a FAQ/Intro section - otherwise the app needs some design changes.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I wanted to add Djokovic to my Favorites list. First of all, I could not find a way to search for a player by his/her name. So I navigated to Tour info -> ATP Rankings. Here I can see Djokovic's name, but tapping it does nothing. Nevermind, he has a match tomorrow - I'll select him from there I thought. So I went to the Tournaments page, searched for Mens tournaments on 01/31/16 and selected Australian open from the results. A two-tabbed section opened, titled Completed and Scheduled respectively, both completely empty.
If I'm doing something wrong, the app needs a FAQ/Intro section - otherwise the app needs some design changes.

Sorry about the quirks.

Currently the only way to add favorites is through seeing them via Tournament view.

The Australian Open is a tricky tournament since technically they are a day ahead of us and I am at the mercy of my data provider who provides the data via "United States" time and not Australian time. So that means that during their Thursday some of the matches are on US Wednesday and some on US Thursday.

This type of oddness does not happen for the other tournaments.

I am trying to work on getting my match data from a better source but until I can I wont be able to improve on that particular scenario.
My data provider wont give me any schedule or match information for dates considered to be in the "future".

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Here are some suggestions for the app:
1. Add a favorites section where you can add a player by searching, view your favorites and remove a player from the list.
2. If or when you change your data provider, you can have an option where you search for a tournament by name, see the fixtures and set reminders.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I will begin work on the favorites search functionality.

Maybe in the mean time I should go ahead and make adding a favorites through the ATP Rankings and Money screens available too.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Here are some suggestions for the app:
1. Add a favorites section where you can add a player by searching, view your favorites and remove a player from the list.
2. If or when you change your data provider, you can have an option where you search for a tournament by name, see the fixtures and set reminders.

Ok I have published an update that will allow you to add/remove favorite from the player rankings and money screens. This was a quick easy addition but the search functionality you asked for is a little more work and I will add that in a future release.

As for searching for tournaments and setting reminders I had contemplated this from the beginning and then realized that I did not necessarily care about when a tournament started but I did care to know if one of my favorite players was playing.
This is why I enabled the notifications for favorites which will alert you of when your favorite is playing.
So you care about getting general tournament reminders?
If so you want the app to notify you through something like a toast, or do you want the app to put something on your calendar, or some other kind of reminder?

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
You're right, I realized that the ability to track player activity makes tournament tracking redundant.
As for reminders, I personally prefer putting something up in the calendar, because that would sync with all of my devices. Of course, until you start getting upcoming match data from your provider, it would not be feasible.
The ability to search for players by name would be ideal, however the current method of adding/removing players from ranking and money screens is sufficient for most cases. Unfortunately I can't do it - the update changed nothing for me. Maybe it's me or maybe it's a bug - I'll check it again later.
BTW, I'm using a Lumia640 with WP8.1.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Will appreciate if someone could delete my post!

My kids attend lower primary school, and part of the communication 'Standard' will be ClassDojo. And here I am with the 640 xl lte and everytime I login I am taken to the store to be reminded that that there is no app for that!

Life must go on!

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Okay, now I can add/remove favorites from the ranking/money lists. Nice, quick work.

One more thing - how about a list of your favorite players on the favorites screen, even if there's no activity. Right now, I'm scrolling through the ranking list repeatedly to see who I've added to favorites.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Okay, now I can add/remove favorites from the ranking/money lists. Nice, quick work.

One more thing - how about a list of your favorite players on the favorites screen, even if there's no activity. Right now, I'm scrolling through the ranking list repeatedly to see who I've added to favorites.

Ok I can do that :grin: Thanks for the feedback!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
New version available in the store that add all you favorite players to the hub even if they are not playing.

All your favorites not playing will be under "Inactive".

Thanks for the suggestion @Arunabha Goswami

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Published a big update today, hope you all enjoy it.

Update now has a ATP player search integrated into the title bar.
You can search for any ATP player and see their stats and also add/remove them from your favorites.
You can also do head2head comparisons to see how 2 players have matched up over their careers.

Right now this is only for the ATP mens tour but I am working on the WTA women as well and hoping to have it out soon.
The womens data is just not nearly as organized and accessible as the mens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon