Win64e10 ? The N64 Emulator for Windows 10 Mobile

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Win64e - The Nintendo 64(N64) Emulator For Windows Tablet and Phone

App Store Link: Win64e10

It's an UWP app and runs on all Windows 10 devices. Later there will be a free lite version. You don't have any limit on the lite version except loading the save state.

There is no in app purchase in the app at all. That in-app purchase is incorrectly displayed in the store listing. It's left when I was developing the app. It will disappear from the store listing after several hours.

The 822 I used in video is a three years old machine, but I still can play many titles although a bit slow. Your Lumia 950 XL should be a lot better than that 822.

To-do list:
1. MOGA controller support.
2. Continumm mode.
3. Performance improvement(Still trying dynarec mode on phone but with no luck, though the dynarec works well on PC side)
4. OneDrive syncing.

Take a look at the video.
Another in game video.
App Store Link: Win64e10

Win64e10 is a port of Mupen64plus for Windows tablet/PC and Phone. It supports touch screen virtual analog control. It's compatible for most of the games.

The Surface 2 RT version is another app called Win64e.

App Store Link:
Win64e

Last edited:

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Win64e - The Nintendo 64(N64) Emulator For Windows Tablet and Phone

Looks like a port of Mupen64. Going to release the source code? :p

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Fantastic job! I can't wait for the app to be released on Windows 10 Mobile.

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Was this taken down already?

It's published yesterday. Do you mean you can't see the app in store?

Normally the app should already been deployed to all countries within 16 hours. However, the Windows App Store is very unstable. I can see from the dashboard the app is at published status, but can't find it at all in the store now. I contacted MS for help but nobody responds.

Last edited:

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

a search in both the W10 mobile store, and the full W10 store shows me no results. Would love this app!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Nice looking app but, it's $5.99 ? Good luck with your app, it seems a little much to me for it. If it was around $2, I think I would try it...

You can get tons of 3rd party Windows x86 (Intel PC based) emulators for free (Not for RT devices), I have been using N64 emulators for years now.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Looks good, applaud your efforts however as DavidinCT stated there are so many out there that run on x86/x64 for free.

The most common one being Project64 which is free.

If RT had taken off in a big way, pity it didn't as it's a perfect tablet consumption o/s.

If it did I could see your emulator taking off however on W10, it's a different story.

Maybe release a video of the app working and offer a timed trial?

So at least this way people know it is a working app not faux emulator :).

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Looks good, applaud your efforts however as DavidinCT stated there are so many out there that run on x86/x64 for free.

The most common one being Project64 which is free.

If RT had taken off in a big way, pity it didn't as it's a perfect tablet consumption o/s.

If it did I could see your emulator taking off however on W10, it's a different story.

Maybe release a video of the app working and offer a timed trial?

So at least this way people know it is a working app not faux emulator :).

Good idea.

Yes, it will have a trial. Take it easy.

Pj64 doesn't have support for touch control because it's built for desktop but not tablet. The user experience is different.

Last edited:

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Nice looking app but, it's $5.99 ? Good luck with your app, it seems a little much to me for it. If it was around $2, I think I would try it...

You can get tons of 3rd party Windows x86 (Intel PC based) emulators for free (Not for RT devices), I have been using N64 emulators for years now.

All right. I will consider to lower the price.

natelawrence

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Some quick thoughts:

1: You need an option to show the image at the correct aspect ratio.
(Ideally people should have to go out of their way to stretch the video strangely as seen in your screenshot above.)

2: A trial version of the app would be appreciated so that people can decide if the emulator is worth their money.
Ideally this would be a time-limited full featured trial.

3: Question: Why does a Windows Store app for x86/x64 targets have two different URLs?

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Some quick thoughts:

1: You need an option to show the image at the correct aspect ratio.
(Ideally people should have to go out of their way to stretch the video strangely as seen in your screenshot above.)

2: A trial version of the app would be appreciated so that people can decide if the emulator is worth their money.
Ideally this would be a time-limited full featured trial.

3: Question: Why does a Windows Store app for x86/x64 targets have two different URLs?

1. Aspect Ratio options etc are in my to do list.

2. How about in-app purchase on load savestate button? I am not sure if the savestate will be deleted or not once the time-limited trial is over. Can anybody confirm this?

3. Maybe different app store websites for Windows 10 and 8.1. I got the URLs listed on my email sent by MS.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Good idea.

Yes, it will have a trial. Take it easy.

Pj64 doesn't have support for touch control because it's built for desktop but not tablet. The user experience is different.

I know pj64 doesn't have touch support. The point I was making is people have alot more options when it comes to win32. RT and phones, not so much :).

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I know pj64 doesn't have touch support. The point I was making is people have alot more options when it comes to win32. RT and phones, not so much :).

You can play with touch control on it. This is very convenient compared to Pj64 that can't be used without keyboard or joystick. You can play on bed or sofa comfortably with no keyboard attached.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss