Weather on your Me Tile, and More: Band To-Go

Sabre Wulf

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just released a new update to my 'Band To-Go' app for the Microsoft Band (1 and 2). :wink:

The app can now show the Weather on the Me Tile at regular intervals, on top of the existing Me Tile background image, which is also very configurable from within the app (I like to use the Flickr option to show random photos of interesting themes, such as 'seasons,flowers').

You can choose current conditions or forecast and the weather is represented with an icon and temperature(s).

The next update will include Wind and Precipitation too, pretty soon, am currently testing it.

If you have Windows 10 Mobile, you can also set the theme color based on the overall photo color, to get a bit of automatic variation of your Band colors. Yes, Cool! (Other than this feature, the app works for both Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile.)

Here is an example of how it looks:

WP_20160413_16_02_38_Pro_LI.jpg

More pictures here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C7E17B6BF1E69225!250071&authkey=!AKATVMq5ABJl5n0&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Search the Store for 'Band To-Go', or use the Store link:

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=0225b252-0ac8-40e6-a3b9-378f424d7976

The app itself is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian.

Please note: The app contains InApp purchases for the weather and changing of background images, but each has a 5 day trial. The weather does not use the same provider as Microsoft is using, so do not expect the weather to be identical to the Band's weather tile.

Hope you like it!

More ideas coming:

- Weather alerts,
- Body temperature indicator,
- Stress indicator,
- Women's menstrual and ovulation (linked to body temperature) cycle indicator,
- Count down to an event,
- Getting sick indicator (linked to body temperature),
- Take medication reminder indicator,
- Stock quote,
- Silent alarm tile,
- Battery indicator + 'Band is fully charged' notification on your phone (requires Microsoft to include the battery level in the SDK for this though).

Regards,
Sabre Wulf (Apps To-Go).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99