05-03-2017 03:32 PM
91 1234
tools
    That looks good! I wonder if having the top and bottom of the recent places boxes be at the same levels as the top and bottom of the upcoming boxes might make it look cleaner?

Attachment 128915

How about this? I'm working on this right now!
    07-28-2016 10:59 AM
    That looks good! I wonder if having the top and bottom of the recent places boxes be at the same levels as the top and bottom of the upcoming boxes might make it look cleaner?
    Yes, that's possible! I'll publish the update tomorrow!
    jmerrey likes this.
    07-28-2016 03:07 PM
    Strawberry Weather v1.4.27

Redesigned UI to better show current weather as well as next 12 hours in a glance! See the OP for updated screenshots!
    07-31-2016 02:19 AM
    Strawberry Weather v 1.4.32

Minor UI improvements for Desktops and Tablets.
    Behind the scenes improvements.
    Last edited by white_Shadoww; 08-09-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    08-09-2016 07:04 AM
    Can you share which weather service you're using? Also can you share your opinion regarding that service? Like if you had to start over would you choose the same service or another? Thanks!
    08-10-2016 04:28 PM
    Can you share which weather service you're using? Also can you share your opinion regarding that service? Like if you had to start over would you choose the same service or another? Thanks!
    If you head over to settings, there I have mentioned I am using OpenWeatherMap service. It's hard to tell if I would use the service again, because it's not that much accurate at my location. Actually no weather service is accurate at my location. But by the looks of the reviews, out of which 70% are 5 star, and people tell, it's fairly accurate so I would use it again. But, I'm gonna add more weather services to choose from in Strawberry Weather. For now 'Dark Sky' aka 'Forecast.io' and 'Weather Underground' are planned. But I'm a bit busy in college things as well I'll have to rework a lot of code to add these services, so it's taking some time! Can you tell me how is the current service in terms of accuracy at your location?
    08-11-2016 01:05 AM
    Thanks for the response. I'm interested in adding a few weather features into my non-weather focused app and looking at options so your feedback is very helpful :)

Regarding my area, OpenWeatherMap shows 17C and the MS Weather app shows 18C so I think close enough no one will notice. In terms on condition prediction (e.g. rain) it's not rained here in awhile so hard to tell you lol We have a drought at the moment here.
    white_Shadoww likes this.
    08-11-2016 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the response. I'm interested in adding a few weather features into my non-weather focused app and looking at options so your feedback is very helpful :)

Regarding my area, OpenWeatherMap shows 17C and the MS Weather app shows 18C so I think close enough no one will notice. In terms on condition prediction (e.g. rain) it's not rained here in awhile so hard to tell you lol We have a drought at the moment here.
    I would like to know about that app of yours. Is it on the store? Also you can ask me anything, and I will help as much as I can! Don't hesitate! All the best and thanks for the praise!
    RoboLam likes this.
    08-11-2016 12:39 PM
    I'd suggest Dark Sky service, it has daily summary but detailed forecast is available only for 2 days. Depends on what you need, take a look!
    RoboLam likes this.
    08-11-2016 01:39 PM
    I would like to know about that app of yours. Is it on the store? Also you can ask me anything, and I will help as much as I can! Don't hesitate! All the best and thanks for the praise!
    I have an auto-updating wallpaper/lockscreen app call Live Earth: Himawari 8 that gets full Earth images(at 1080p and 4k res) from a geo-synchronous satelite every 15mins. Thought it might be nice to add a small weather at a glance option in the corner. Maybe just for the current day or hour.

Also thought about adding it to my Health app that visualizes data from MS Health Cloud. For this I was thinking of integrating with historical weather data? So users can see that they walk less when it rains or is very hot etc. Not super useful but kinda fun to look at? This is less likely since that's much more data to work with and this app is very new so my focus now is to finishing primary features like specific activity data (e.g. running, workouts).

I'd suggest Dark Sky service, it has daily summary but detailed forecast is available only for 2 days. Depends on what you need, take a look!
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into it. Before the only two on my radar were OpenWeatherMap and WeatherUnderground. WeatherUnderground is too expensive for the type of minor add-on I'm considering and OpenWeatherMap isn't that much cheaper. Dark Sky is much more affordable :) so thanks!
    08-11-2016 05:41 PM
    Strawberry Weather got featured in an article here!

Strawberry Weather is a colorful way to check up on your local forecast

Verry happy! Thank you all for the support! Keep using it! It will motivate me to improve it further. I haven't done with Strawberry Weather yet! Best things are yet to come! Stay tuned and Thanks again!
    08-25-2016 01:47 AM
    Strawberry Weather got featured in an article here!
    Congrats! :)
    08-25-2016 12:29 PM
    Strawberry Weather v1.4.33

If on Anniversary update, you have been experiencing unreliable notifications, this update has a quick-fix for the issue. Also, general other improvements.
    09-01-2016 01:43 AM
    Strawberry Weather v1.4.46

A lot has been improved with Strawberry Weather now!

* A new UI, now more beautiful and elegant. Makes better use of the screen real estate to show the weather in a beautiful manner.

* It's available on XBOX now. Though we can't test it, as we don't have one. So please provide feedback!

* Some people had slow GPS lock problems after Anniversary Update and the issues have been solved now!

* Better battery usage, which already was so minimal, has been decreased even more now! So, little to no battery usage in background!

I am very sorry that we had promised am additional weather source via an update, but it has been taking so much time. Partly due to I am having my exams, and other personal things. I am a student and a learning developer, so, please bear with me. The additional weather source will be available really soon!

Thank you all for using Strawberry Weather, it is now between first 15 searches in the store if you search for 'Weather'. Thank you for all the love! I will keep on updating it regardless of market-share!
    09-24-2016 07:57 AM
    Well done mate!
    09-24-2016 10:51 PM
    Great App! Being an amateur (from the etymology, not from the connotation) meteorologist, I've tried, installed and uninstalled countless weather apps. This is one of the apps that I keep for one important reason: it gives me notifications about the upcoming weather condition without even opening the app or looking at the live tile.

I'd like, however, to see more frequent notifications or higher resolution weather information. Right now I'm getting weather information every three hours - not bad (some apps have data every 12 hours!), but there may be room for improvement.

Keep it up!
    09-30-2016 03:46 PM
    Great App! Being an amateur (from the etymology, not from the connotation) meteorologist, I've tried, installed and uninstalled countless weather apps. This is one of the apps that I keep for one important reason: it gives me notifications about the upcoming weather condition without even opening the app or looking at the live tile.

I'd like, however, to see more frequent notifications or higher resolution weather information. Right now I'm getting weather information every three hours - not bad (some apps have data every 12 hours!), but there may be room for improvement.

Keep it up!
    Hi, I'm working on adding another weather source for the same concern, but it involves a lot of coding, also icon packs needs to be tested, so it's taking time. Also, I am just learning programming. But it will be ready soon! Thank you for using Strawberry Weather!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    10-01-2016 08:19 AM
    Hi, I'm working on adding another weather source for the same concern, but it involves a lot of coding, also icon packs needs to be tested, so it's taking time. Also, I am just learning programming. But it will be ready soon! Thank you for using Strawberry Weather!
    Not bad for someone who's "just learning programming"! I've attempted to study programming a few months back just so I could develop my own weather app with my specifications, but other things came up so... I'm back to weather charts, models... and of course the apps that can be downloaded now - including yours.

Looking forward!
    10-02-2016 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.
    white_Shadoww and gpobernardo like this.
    10-02-2016 06:49 PM
    Hello, people.. A very happy new year to you all! I have been working hard for a month to add Dark Sky weather service, and it is finally here. There are a lot of other improvements as well, check out the latest version on store!

Here we represent you, Strawberry Weather 2.0

* Added Dark Sky Weather Service which supports..
    - Real feels of temperatures
    - Down-to-the-minute forecast for next hour
    - Daily forecast for next 7 days
    - Severe weather alerts

* Favorite places got a separate page, making room for full forecast on the start page!

* Real fast GPS acquisition, even inside buildings!

* Less annoying and actually useful notifications!

* We have worked wonders on battery usage. 2% for 24 hours. Record break! Yay!
    01-13-2017 09:42 AM
    Strawberry Weather v2.0.24

* True Experience is now available to buy!
    * Now you can see nearby places alongside favorite places on the 'Places' page!
    * Fixed notifications issue where app would notify for cloudy conditions, when selected Dark Sky weather service
    * Fixed an issue where weather service setting would revert to OpenWeatherMap when navigated to Strawberry Store
    * Fixed an issue where refreshing favorite places manually would keep on duplicating the places
    * Fixed an issue where wind unit would show as 'metric' when selected the weather source OpenWeatherMap
    01-19-2017 01:19 AM
    Why there is a note saying those who own true experience can enjoy dark sky service until Feb 1 2017?
    01-19-2017 10:36 PM
    Strawberry Weather v2.0.34

* Added two sided live tile for Dark Sky service!
    * Fixed an issue with the live tile, where sometimes the tile would not show wind data even while having necessary space.
    * OpenweatherMap current condition now has the first letter of the weather condition in uppercase.
    * Temperature on OpenWeatherMap large tile on PCs or Tablets now is vertically aligned at center.
    01-30-2017 03:03 AM
    Any way to tap into Cortana to know my places I'm tracking weather wise so I don't have to keep setting it up?

I know it's not that hard but with so many weather apps to try, it gets tedious :)
    01-30-2017 05:13 PM
    Any way to tap into Cortana to know my places I'm tracking weather wise so I don't have to keep setting it up?

I know it's not that hard but with so many weather apps to try, it gets tedious :)
    I don't understand what you mean to say. I will try my best to implement it. :)
    01-31-2017 01:45 AM
91 1234