'Strawberry Weather' [UWP] the most battery friendly and light-weight weather experience!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: 'Strawberry Weather' [UWP] a beautiful way to weather!

I was struggling to increase the downloads to 1 download per day of my app! It would increase to at the most 2 downloads on some days and since it was launched, that is 2 months, it was at 58 downloads. Usually, First thing I do in the morning is to check for total downloads! And yesterday morning, I woke up with a very big surprise! I was shocked to see the number 345!!! Today morning, Strawberry Weather stands at 500 downloads! This means a lot to me, and is my first baby step towards success! Thanks to all of you who are using my app and are on WindowsCentral! Thanks a lot!

Strawberry Weather 500 acquisitions.png

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Hi, any chance for skymet or indian meterological department data is strawberry weather? I commented in store few days back. thanks

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi @dipayanster actually I checked their website after replying to your review on the store. And I can't change the reply once submitted. Their website doesn't list any developer documentation to get the weather data. Still, I will contact them if they give developers access to their data. And will update here what they say. Thanks for using Strawberry Weather! :)

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v1.3.26 (in the store)

* Added an 'in app purchase', with which you can see weather for nearby places. You can select the number of cities and it will populate in the recent places automatically. Useful for the people who travel to nearby places for work.

* Forecast UI tweaked for Desktops and Tablets. Forecast is not vertically scrollable now, minimizing the confusion. It's more like pivot. So that you can jump to any day of forecast with a single touch. Get the update to see what I mean.

* A hot fox for some errors by data given by the API. Apparently, some key data was returned as null for some places and it would make the whole app useless. Fixed that issue on my end. It seems they also have fixed it.

* Other general performance improvements and small UI tweaks

* Added a setting to reset the app to factory version to avoid conflicts.

Last edited:

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v1.3.36 (upcoming)

* Now when you click the email link within the app, subject field is automatically filled with the version number, so that I can understand which version is having a problem.

* Strawberry Theme Engine updated with bug fixes.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather is running successfully. Becoming favorite of more and more people day by day. I am constantly improving it and seems the cycle will never end. 90% of the reviews I get are 5 star and a lot of praise. Some are feature suggestions and very few 4 reviews are 4 star.

Last week WindowsCentral wrote a review of the app in an article. And SoftPedia too listed it on their website. I am very happy for the love I received!

I have a LUMIA 520 and testing this app on it only. While I try to scale it perfectly on any phone, I don't know for real how it looks on higher resolution screen. On the PC front, it's a bit better with a laptop of 1920x1080 screen resolution. But then again, I don't know how it scales on higher resolution or lower resolution PCs.

So, whoever here is using the app, can you please post screenshots of my app including the version number and your device? It wil help me improve it! Thanks again for all this!

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

wp_ss_20160701_0001.png
the forecast button is cut off and have to swipe to see it.
lumia 640xl - v1.3.36

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v 1.3.55

* Added integration with feedback hub. If your OS supports feedback hub, you should be able to launch it right from within the app.
* Added time format 12 hours and 24 hours for forecast time
* Change the command bar style to minimal or compact to get more screen real estate
* UI improvements

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v1.3.81

* Ability to make forecasts smaller!

Forecast small.png Forecast small.png

* Updated live tile and lock screen weather! Now you can see the forecast right on the tile. The forecast tagged next is about 3 hours from current, later is about 6 hours and later+ is 9 hours!
* Better forecast accuracy
* A setting to change the bottom command bar style to minimal or compact!
* A lot of UI improvements all over on Tablets and PCs
* Settings screen is much less cluttered and well organized on PCs and Tablets, just like the Phone version
* Various internal bug fixes and performance improvements!

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I like your app! Good work. I have two comments on features I'd like (all highly subjective)
1. I think the idea of notifications is great but I'm only interested when weather is changing to be significantly worse. E.g. if it's cloudy now and it's going to rain in 3 hours then I'd like a notification about that BUT if it's raining now and will only be cloudy in 3 hours then I don't care. Basically 'actionable' stuff I guess, being notified only when I might have to do something (like take an umbrella). Does that make sense?
2. Right now I have a very minimalistic start screen and it would be nice to remove the name from the tile (i.e. 'weather' at the bottom left)

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

I like your app! Good work. I have two comments on features I'd like (all highly subjective)
1. I think the idea of notifications is great but I'm only interested when weather is changing to be significantly worse. E.g. if it's cloudy now and it's going to rain in 3 hours then I'd like a notification about that BUT if it's raining now and will only be cloudy in 3 hours then I don't care. Basically 'actionable' stuff I guess, being notified only when I might have to do something (like take an umbrella). Does that make sense?
2. Right now I have a very minimalistic start screen and it would be nice to remove the name from the tile (i.e. 'weather' at the bottom left)

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! Are you the one who mentioned this (I mean the 'weather' tag) in the store review as well?

wp_ss_20160718_0001.png wp_ss_20160718_0002.png

I thought it looked pretty bland at the bottom of the tile without 'weather' (especially the medium tile). Also every other app has its name at the bottom left corner. 'Strawberry Weather' name doesn't fit in the medium tile, and that was the reason I put 'Weather' in there.

My plan was to put location name in there but I don't know how to change it. Because working on tiles is difficult than working on the app itself. I wanted to have a double faced flipping tile but I;m unable to create it! Also there are not a lot of articles and documentation about it and I'm pretty new to programming. It's something I'm struggling with!

If you wish, shall I publish an update with the name 'weather' removed?

The idea behind those notifications was to let the user know when it's going to stop raining. So that he can plan what to do next! I guess I'll need to give a setting to adjust toast notifications!

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for replying. I was only offering some suggestions that would be nice for me, so I wouldn't make any changes based just on that. But maybe you could get some feedback on this from other users?

I see your point about the tile looking a little bland, but I have a very minimalist home screen so I think I'm a special case. It annoys me that I Cortana has its name too :)
wp_ss_20160718_0001.jpg

I hadn't considered the notifications for people planning what to do next. Maybe you could have a setting for the notifications, 'all' or 'bad weather' or something like that?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for replying. I was only offering some suggestions that would be nice for me, so I wouldn't make any changes based just on that. But maybe you could get some feedback on this from other users?

I see your point about the tile looking a little bland, but I have a very minimalist home screen so I think I'm a special case. It annoys me that I Cortana has its name too :)
View attachment 128595

I hadn't considered the notifications for people planning what to do next. Maybe you could have a setting for the notifications, 'all' or 'bad weather' or something like that?

Well yes.. on your start screen, the tag weather ruins the look. Can you bear with it for a day or two and I should have an update ready with the said settings? I'll give an option for 'all' weather alerts or just 'bad conditions', and also an option to show location name on tile or disable the name 'weather'. It will require for me to learn new adaptive tiles, test various scenarios and then implement. It will take a day or two.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 128595

Well yes.. on your Start screen, the tag weather ruins the look. Can you bear with it for a day or two and I should have an update ready with the said settings?

I'll give an option for 'all' weather alerts or just 'bad conditions' under notification settings, and also an option to show location name on tile or disable the name 'weather'. It will require for me to learn new adaptive tiles, test various scenarios and then implement. It will take a day or two.

BTW, very good looking Start screen!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo