'Strawberry Weather' [UWP] the most battery friendly and light-weight weather experience!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: 'Strawberry Weather' [UWP] a beautiful way to weather!

Strawberry Weather v1.4.33

If on Anniversary update, you have been experiencing unreliable notifications, this update has a quick-fix for the issue. Also, general other improvements.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v1.4.46

A lot has been improved with Strawberry Weather now!

* A new UI, now more beautiful and elegant. Makes better use of the screen real estate to show the weather in a beautiful manner.

* It's available on XBOX now. Though we can't test it, as we don't have one. So please provide feedback!

* Some people had slow GPS lock problems after Anniversary Update and the issues have been solved now!

* Better battery usage, which already was so minimal, has been decreased even more now! So, little to no battery usage in background!

I am very sorry that we had promised am additional weather source via an update, but it has been taking so much time. Partly due to I am having my exams, and other personal things. I am a student and a learning developer, so, please bear with me. The additional weather source will be available really soon!

Thank you all for using Strawberry Weather, it is now between first 15 searches in the store if you search for 'Weather'. Thank you for all the love! I will keep on updating it regardless of market-share!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Great App! Being an amateur (from the etymology, not from the connotation) meteorologist, I've tried, installed and uninstalled countless weather apps. This is one of the apps that I keep for one important reason: it gives me notifications about the upcoming weather condition without even opening the app or looking at the live tile.

I'd like, however, to see more frequent notifications or higher resolution weather information. Right now I'm getting weather information every three hours - not bad (some apps have data every 12 hours!), but there may be room for improvement.

Keep it up!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Great App! Being an amateur (from the etymology, not from the connotation) meteorologist, I've tried, installed and uninstalled countless weather apps. This is one of the apps that I keep for one important reason: it gives me notifications about the upcoming weather condition without even opening the app or looking at the live tile.

I'd like, however, to see more frequent notifications or higher resolution weather information. Right now I'm getting weather information every three hours - not bad (some apps have data every 12 hours!), but there may be room for improvement.

Keep it up!

Hi, I'm working on adding another weather source for the same concern, but it involves a lot of coding, also icon packs needs to be tested, so it's taking time. Also, I am just learning programming. But it will be ready soon! Thank you for using Strawberry Weather!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I'm working on adding another weather source for the same concern, but it involves a lot of coding, also icon packs needs to be tested, so it's taking time. Also, I am just learning programming. But it will be ready soon! Thank you for using Strawberry Weather!

Not bad for someone who's "just learning programming"! I've attempted to study programming a few months back just so I could develop my own weather app with my specifications, but other things came up so... I'm back to weather charts, models... and of course the apps that can be downloaded now - including yours.

Looking forward!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Hello, people.. A very happy new year to you all! I have been working hard for a month to add Dark Sky weather service, and it is finally here. There are a lot of other improvements as well, check out the latest version on store!

Here we represent you, Strawberry Weather 2.0

* Added Dark Sky Weather Service which supports..
- Real feels of temperatures
- Down-to-the-minute forecast for next hour
- Daily forecast for next 7 days
- Severe weather alerts

* Favorite places got a separate page, making room for full forecast on the start page!

* Real fast GPS acquisition, even inside buildings!

* Less annoying and actually useful notifications!

* We have worked wonders on battery usage. 2% for 24 hours. Record break! Yay!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v2.0.24

* True Experience is now available to buy!
* Now you can see nearby places alongside favorite places on the 'Places' page!
* Fixed notifications issue where app would notify for cloudy conditions, when selected Dark Sky weather service
* Fixed an issue where weather service setting would revert to OpenWeatherMap when navigated to Strawberry Store
* Fixed an issue where refreshing favorite places manually would keep on duplicating the places
* Fixed an issue where wind unit would show as 'metric' when selected the weather source OpenWeatherMap

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Why there is a note saying those who own true experience can enjoy dark sky service until Feb 1 2017?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Strawberry Weather v2.0.34

* Added two sided live tile for Dark Sky service!
* Fixed an issue with the live tile, where sometimes the tile would not show wind data even while having necessary space.
* OpenweatherMap current condition now has the first letter of the weather condition in uppercase.
* Temperature on OpenWeatherMap large tile on PCs or Tablets now is vertically aligned at center.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Any way to tap into Cortana to know my places I'm tracking weather wise so I don't have to keep setting it up?

I know it's not that hard but with so many weather apps to try, it gets tedious :)

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Any way to tap into Cortana to know my places I'm tracking weather wise so I don't have to keep setting it up?

I know it's not that hard but with so many weather apps to try, it gets tedious :)

I don't understand what you mean to say. I will try my best to implement it. :)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to think how not to re-enter my places all the time for each weather app I try. Cortana has a storage, asking for what weather you want to track and would be good if you can access this data to have places pre setup/managed

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm trying to think how not to re-enter my places all the time for each weather app I try. Cortana has a storage, asking for what weather you want to track and would be good if you can access this data to have places pre setup/managed

Oh, okay! I will try! It must be either too easy or just impossible to get the cities! :D

I'll let you informed.
Thank you for using Strawberry Weather!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Ok cool, we are supposed to embrace the cloud but if the cloud doesn't share information then it's all pointless! ;)

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Ok cool, we are supposed to embrace the cloud but if the cloud doesn't share information then it's all pointless! ;)

Yeah, It would be really good if I could access Cortana Notebook data. That way I can enable MS account log in in my app, would be able to copy weather preferences right from there ex. units, also would be able to use your name to greet you while the weather is loading initially, like 'Hello white_Shadoww', also favorite places would be available always even if you uninstall the app. :)

Anyway, how do you like the app?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Anyway, how do you like the app?

I only installed it yesterday... not sure... right now it's always calling for light rain but it's not :D Like it even says it this morning at 10am but pretty clear outside right now! lol I have to see about the other weather service options I guess!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte