Hi there! I'm a new developer and I have a WP app. I wonder how should I promote them for free.
    Thanks!
    07-24-2016 01:58 PM
    What's the app? Can you post a link?
    Thanks for being a WP developer. :)
    07-24-2016 01:59 PM
    Create a topic in every Windows related forum, contact multiple blogs, keep yourself alert towards Microsoft events and projects for devs, use your own blog or create a social network account to constantly update your users, keep some good ideas for any dev jam where your app could partecipate.
    Pretty much that's it, stuff like that.
    07-24-2016 05:41 PM
    One of the best ways to promote a free app that contains ads in it - is to use AdDuplex.

Its a great way to promote your app for free within the Windows ecosystem.
    You shows ads in your app of other apps - and in exchange you receive free ads of your app, in their apps.

We have had great success with AdDuplex and I can highly recommend it to boost downloads of your app for free!

Here is the link to their site:
    Get more users for your apps and games with AdDuplex
    08-26-2016 08:56 PM
    I just created an ad campaign on the Developer Center. It's a single country based ad with custom images and with the budget of 75$ for a month. I'll post the results when it's completed. But for start I would recommend you to send your app to "AppRaisin". It's a great community and a great start to promote your app.
    08-29-2016 01:29 PM
    Looking forward to hearing about those results - thanks for sharing. Ali Poder
    Maybe start a new thread and post weekly updates - a month can feel like forever...??

AppRaisin looks great - but apparently its only available to those on Windows 10

PS: Since I am not on Windows 10 - out of interest, when submitting an app to AppRaisin - does it require any specific info - AppId, StoreUrl, ect?
    Reason I ask is: I am hoping to ask someone to register our app on AppRaisin on our behalf - Possible or not?
    08-30-2016 09:19 PM