Splash Racing - 3D game made on Unity3D engine available in the Windows Store

wowaaa

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello, everyone!:excited:
My first 3d game is released to the Store!

Humble open-world racing with complete story mode.

Has free 24Hours trial (more than enough to finish the whole game). Of course it is not an AAA title, but I'm the only person that worked on this project and made everything (except the music).

I'll be really glad if you enjoy it even a bit!

On the store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4rnzt

About 12 minutes of pure gameplay from the start of the game (recorded with default XBox app):

Also registered at MadeWithUnity: https://madewith.unity.com/games/splash-racing

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
JFYI: you game is not working on Lumia-950; I got just a black screen after quick appearance of the splash screen. My L-950 have an official bits only (i.e. not an "insider preview").

wowaaa

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually it was designed and optimized for desktop only - that is also mentioned on the store page. The Performance of current mobile devices are far behind expectation. Maybe after anniversary update it will appear at xbox one(don't know if the stores would be really the same). Even on desktops you'll need a discrete graphics(not tested with the latest integrated ones, but the intelHD4400 was not enough, despite even gt920m from nvidia provides quite smooth framerate).
I'll check again the submission settings.
Update:
Thank you, for pointing that up! There was a mistake at submission, and it would be updated as soon as passed the new one.

Last edited:

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not about performance; your game is not working at all... Did you tried your game on W10M emulator before publishing? You know, there is an option on submission pages to disable app on the mobile devices.

P.S. I don't understand why your game requires a discrete graphics; models and textures looks pretty simple on video. BTW, "Riptide GP2" works on my L-950 flawlessly with good fps.

wowaaa

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Removed the Phones option from the store.
Tried on Emulator and there are some errors in engine, so I can't do much now. The error is somewhere in their work with D3D context and memory allocation.
Actually the app was built on latest Unity beta(it is release candidate now), because only there were fixed many notable errors on UWP. And it is still il2cpp build, that was only experimental a few versions ago.
About performance - RiptideGP uses their own engine, in my case Unity's lightening system, and shaders are the tight spot. Models also must be more optimized, but the main problem is still the water - it is actually quite good, but there are reasons why it is slow.
I think, that any Tegra device could run this, because of the shaders. Right now I have pretty basic knowledge of shaders and though improved existing one on water, but it is far from the optimized - especially for mobile.
Also tried android build - but the Nexus6p got around 8fps, and the strange part was that performance not improved with changing resolution or disabling effects or shadows. So, my point is that Unity games need a lot of time for optimizations or even at the start planned and developed to mobile. In my case - I waited couple weeks for some stable Unity version to run UWP without glitches. And game runs now on desktops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750