Camtact: create contact using phone's camera

mazheruddin

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post about my app. But the app has been very helpful for me with very fast contact creation. So, I wanted to share it with you. Basically anywhere you see a phone number listed (flyers, visiting card, billboard etc.), you just point and shoot with the camera, and the app will fill up the contact information(name, phone#, email, address) for you . You can then customize(if you need) and tap to save it in your device's contact list.

Here is the link

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%2Fp%2Fcamtact%2F9nblggh4v1r8&token=SCOO6q7E

It is currently being sold for 3 USD. There is a 7 days fully functional trial.

As a good will and also for promoting the app, I will offer the app for free to the first 30 people here, who would try the trial and post a review on the store.

Thanks.

Mazher

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...

So far I like it. Tested it on a couple of takeout menus. My only feedback at this point is that it does a decent job filling the fields, but since there are so many fonts it sometimes throws in an oddity. If you made every field that gets filled in editable before save that would be cool.

It still saves a lot of time and is a neat trick.

Keep up the good work.

mazheruddin

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. I will make them editable in the next version(hopefully by this week). In the mean time, you can use the "Save Contact" button rather than the "Save Quick Contact". This will allow you to edit every fields you want on the OS provider contact card. Yes, it requires some more taps, but the contact will remain there even if you uninstall the app(unlike Quick Contact).

Thanks again for your nice comments. This will keep me encouraged to update the app and create other apps.

mazheruddin

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The new version is now up. Now you can edit the contact information inline. Try it, I am sure you will love it. And, please keep the feedback coming. Thanks.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The new version is now up. Now you can edit the contact information inline. Try it, I am sure you will love it. And, please keep the feedback coming. Thanks.

Fast work. Thanks for listening to my feedback.

Now it seems much more intuitive to use. This is perfect. Who carries paper and pen around all the time any more? But your phone is your constant helper.

Never loose track again when you think, I have to call this place later. Snap the pic, check the fields and it is in your contacts. No struggling to find the number when you remember to call. Oh yeah, I put that in my Camtacts on my phone. Now it's on my People App on my PC at home. Beautiful.

mazheruddin

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Glad you liked it. Here are some promo codes to get it for free.

Y346Y-PV2RV-HX4FM-THHQD-9VMTZ
323H4-C2DPQ-3VF3G-XMJGF-XDCTZ
6G3RX-DVYTG-VD9XM-D92FY-C9H4Z

Whoever gets them, please at least post a feedback here or post a review on the store. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss