[APP] "Cast to": good replacement for "Lumia Play to"

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
DLNA player "Cast to"

I'd like to introduce my new app, "Cast to", proposed as a replacement for DLNA player "Lumia Play to".

wp_ss_20160923_0001.jpgwp_ss_20160923_0002.jpgwp_ss_20160923_0003.jpg

Good old DLNA player by Nokia, called initially "Nokia Play to" and later "Lumia Play to" is a good but unfortunately abandoned Windows Phone 8.0 application. Also, "Lumia Play to" has some disadvantages: it always shows oldest pictures and videos first (acceding sort order) and you need to scroll down for a long time if you have a lot of media items in your library. Also, you can't run slideshow with pictures and videos because these items located (in "Play to") in the different folders.

So, I decided to create my own ideal DLNA player for the phone's media library (this functionality is one of a primary in our family 'cause we have two kids and relatives and friends :smile:)

"Cast to" pros:

• descending sorting of the media items (pictures and videos)
  • same view and playlist for pics & videos
  • slideshow plays pics and videos
  • Continuum support
  • app able to show panoramas/non-standard pics usually rejected by most of TV's
  • modern and fast Windows 10 user interface
  • live or standard app tile

app's cons:

• lack of QA beta testing (all my "QA team" is my wife and 6 yo daughter)
  • it works on Windows 10 devices only (no WP 8.1 support, sorry!)

App is paid ($1.99) but has unlimited (by time) free trial version with the couple of limitations.

Here is the Windows tore link: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%2Fp%2Fcast-to%2F9nblggh5292q&token=_yRq33__

P.S. However I glad to provide some free codes to the WindowsCentral forum members and readers. I only have a two small requirements to the people who want to redeem free code:

• you MUST rate app to "5 stars" and leave a good app review
  • you MUST repost app's store link to your favorite social network (FB/Twitter etc.)
Of course, I can't control the fulfillment of these conditions so it will be up to your honesty! And - please - if you don't really need this app, please do not redeem, leave free code for those people who really wants it!

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This app is still free (during "MyAppFree" promotion and M$ mess in certification). So, who need full version of the app - enjoy at least for now! :)

P.S. "Thank you, M$", for "helping" my home-brew business :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes