[Game] [UWP - all platforms] Mouse Dreams

djgreedo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I have a new game coming soon called Mouse Dreams. It's a puzzle/platform game set inside the dreams of a mouse called Squeaks. The game releases on May 1st for UWP (mobile/PC), and sometime this summer on Xbox One (it will be one of the first truly cross-platform UWP games!). The game will also be available on Android.

In Mouse Dreams' 63 bite-sized levels, you solve puzzles with switches, movable objects, buttons, reverse gravity, and all kinds of zany things to get the cheese and get to the exit.

Screenshots
mix_action_and_puzzle.pngrevers_gravity.pngreverse_gravity.pngComplex_Levels.png

Why I made the game
Mouse Dreams is my 3rd game (after Puzzle Detective and Game of Clowns), and I made it to bring something a bit more traditional to the gaming world. I wanted to make something that appeals to all ages and doesn't use manipulative in-app purchases or excessive violence. Mouse Dreams is an attempt at whimsical joy. A key goal was to get Mouse Dreams on the Xbox one way or another (even if just via sideloading in Dev Move), and I was over the moon when Microsoft announced the Creator's Program to let us self publish on the console. Mouse Dreams will be available on the Xbox One once the Creator's Program goes live some time this summer. Mouse Dreams was built with both gamepad and touch controls in mind.

The game will be US$1.99 (first 18 levels free), and one copy will work across all your Windows 10 devices including Xbox One.

Free copy
If any of you want to try out the game, you can claim a free preview copy from the press kit page linked below. Standard preview/beta caveats apply.

Trailer

Links:
Press Kit: Press Kit - Mouse Dreams
Dev blog: Mouse Dreams - Dev Blog
Twitter: @grogansoft

I made the game in Unity, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about how I made the game. I'm also open to any feedback.

djgreedo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants to ask anything about the game or how it was made, go ahead. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

And as soon as Microsoft opens the store to UWP Xbox games, I'll be putting the game up on Xbox (it will be totally buy-once-play anywhere on all Windows 10/Xbox devices).

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey @djgreedo
It's really good seeing another developer around the forums!

I will definitely give it a try later on today, as I would know it takes quite some time to make something like this happen.

The game does look promising and very fun! I can't wait to play. :)

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game!
@djgreedo

No problem, thank you for sharing the game and giving out a free copy. I'll definitely buy the full version of the game tomorrow... or possibly later today :)

I helped the little one out with a few levels and found myself stumped, lol. See learned the game better than me, lol.

Anyways, like I said before, Its always good seeing more devs around here and I'll try to support developers whenever I get a chance to, as I know making games can take a lot of man hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss