My biggest concern that everyone is overlooking with Apple..

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The iphone 4 is now $99 with contract. Lets all be real, would you really buy a $150 HTC Trophy from Verizon instead of the iPhone 4 at $50 less? The iPhone4 may out sell the 4s in my opinion. Even if Verizon does release a new WP, the price can not be the $299 price tag with the iphone 4 being that low. Most consumers would not even look at it twice...

Everyones thoughts?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i got my FOCUS full price... so yes.

BELL:

Iphone 4 = 159`95$ with data plan and 36month term
HD7 = 29`95$ NO DATA 3year term
LG Optimus Quantum = 0$ 1 year term NO DATA..

WP7 WINS! in canada

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The iphone 4 is now $99 with contract. Lets all be real, would you really buy a $150 HTC Trophy from Verizon instead of the iPhone 4 at $50 less? The iPhone4 may out sell the 4s in my opinion. Even if Verizon does release a new WP, the price can not be the $299 price tag with the iphone 4 being that low. Most consumers would not even look at it twice...

Everyones thoughts?

If the basis for choosing your phone I guess not but why would you want a Verizon iPhone?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a valid point. But then I'm also surprised that last-gen WP7 phones haven't dropped more in price as a big sales push for mango, especially as mango handsets are now popping up.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a valid point. But then I'm also surprised that last-gen WP7 phones haven't dropped more in price as a big sales push for mango, especially as mango handsets are now popping up.

they did drop in price! all WP7 in canada , not one is over 29$

when they came out not one under 100$

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
VZW has hardly shown any enthusiasm for WP, so I'm not surprised they aren't pricing it to sell, which just makes me all the more glad that I left them, even swallowing an ETF.

I'm seeing a different story over at AT&T though for me. I'm only seeing an 8GB iP3Gs for free and 16GB-32GB iP4 for $199-$299 while the Focus and Quantum are $49 and the HD7s is a penny.

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Same. I finally got fed up with waiting and bought my Focus on eBay for $170. Worth every penny, but I would've preferred to get a discounted one (warranty purposes) through AT&T without having to wait for my upgrade.

WP7's biggest hurdle is the established dominance of the iPhone and the surge of Android as an alternative. Despite its sweet UI and XBL support, it's still just a third wheel in the normal consumer's eyes. Anyone I've shown my phone to immediately says, "Oh, it's cool!" to whatever I show them, but not one has actually contemplated switching from whatever smartphone they currently have. They're all satisfied with what they've got. When it's time for an upgrade, they'll all likely just get the new version of what they already like.

No need to fix what ain't broken, right?

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Everyones thoughts?

I have always had concerns about this. If you look at my hypothesis (scroll down the screen under Upcoming and Rumored Devices) I have said that WP7 needs to be smart about competing with the other manufacturers. I mean let's get real here, the price to build the phones like the Focus S are not as high as you think. It is using a CPU and GPU that has been out for a long time. Yes, it has a Super AMOLED Plus display HOWEVER the Samsung Infuse also has the same screen technology and is $100 on contract at AT&T. So, I hope they give some consideration to price. The manufacturers wouldn't lose out if the new devices were priced around $100 because like I said it isn't costing them that much to build the devices. Microsoft also wouldn't lose because they would have devices that undercut the competition and allows more people to turn their heads to WP7.

Take a look at Blackberry and WebOS. The problem with either of those companies was that they tried to price their devices at the same level of the competition. Blackberry is barely holding on. In fact, they just released their Torch 2 (although they didn't put in the 2 part and just left it as Torch) not too long ago and it was $50 on contract at AT&T. The first Torch cost $200 I believe. So, my point is that in the game of smartphones you have to recognize that there are 2 leaders: Android and Apple. I don't think you should price your phones at the same price of your competition, but rather undercut them by offering a good OS at a lower price AT LEAST FOR NOW. Then, next year when Microsoft unveils the ecosystem with Windows 8 and Xbox, at that time you can compete on the same level. So if it were me: I would undercut the competition in price, gain a bigger fan base, and then go one on one with the competition with windows 8 release and the ecosystem.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Great! What does that have to do with the IPHONE?. I guess most people don't realize how crappy verizons iPhone is?

What would be better about the AT&T version? The only difference between the two is using voice and data at the same time on AT&T.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it makes that much a difference. The real cost is in the plan, not the phone. iphone 3gs unlocked is $375 whereas LG Quantum is $80. Big difference. And I am not sure 3GS is any better than Quantum.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
What would be better about the AT&T version? The only difference between the two is using voice and data at the same time on AT&T.

I might be out of the loop but last time I checked Verizon has no 4G connectivity, no dual core processor not even a better single core, less system memory, and some complaints about lack of screen size improvement.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well right now I have an ATT unlimited data plan if I get an iPhone its a new contract and the cost of the iphone and not having an unlimited data plan is a no go no way no how!!!!! Besides that I dont really want an Iphone 4. The only real compelling feature on the 4s is a 64GB model. I am hoping that sinmce several WPO devices are now using samsung nand memory that other devices will be rolled out with that memory and if they can use 8gb nands or 16 gb nands they can just as easily use 32 gb or 64 gb or duak 64 gb nands.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in australia and the Samsung Omnia7 is crazily cheap on Optus, $0 on a $29 per month cap for 12months! The iPhone 4 is $7 per month on the $59 cap for 2 years.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I might be out of the loop but last time I checked Verizon has no 4G connectivity, no dual core processor not even a better single core, less system memory, and some complaints about lack of screen size improvement.

The iPhone 4 is the same on both carriers other than an antenna revision for verizon's cdma network. My wife has one and it's pretty nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786