"Unbiased" iPhone review

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, I watched an iphone4 glass shatter last weekend from a rock smaller than a little fingernail, when it was dropped from less than two feet high. Drop tests prove time and again to me that, no matter what they do, these things aren't real world scenarios.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A real world drop test is dropping it from waist level to the ground... carpet, tile, pavement, and stairs.

I've dropped my Titan (no case) on pavement (getting in/out of my car) 4 different times, and I have exactly two scuff marks on it and no marks on the screen.

A coworker cracked her iPhone 4S sitting at her desk and dropping it when I startled her one day. It fell maybe 6-8".

I hope that the iPhone 5 is better for the sake of its users, but I have my doubts... especially considering scuffgate.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Terrible, biased review from an obvious Apple shill. It's a shame that sites like TechCrunch, Slash Gear, Gizmodo, Engadget etc employ guys who clearly have a bias towards Apple products. Their bias is evident when they have double standards - praising Apple for one thing, but then knocking other products for the same thing.

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Terrible, biased review from an obvious Apple shill. It's a shame that sites like TechCrunch, Slash Gear, Gizmodo, Engadget etc employ guys who clearly have a bias towards Apple products. Their bias is evident when they have double standards - praising Apple for one thing, but then knocking other products for the same thing.
engadget actually leans pro android. The verge on the other hand... that Topolski just gave it an 8.8 despite saying that if it was exactly what the leaks said it would be, it would be a disappointing, but "IT'S TIME TO STOP GIVING WINDOWS PHONE A PASS". an 8.8 with flawed maps and apps that now have black bars on the top and bottom, welcome to fragmentation city.:mad:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well,from my own opinion,Android phones still do not match Apple's innovation, quality, service, customer support, quality, hardware and software integration, tightly integrated ecosystem, quality apps, ease of use, stability, and tech support.

Yeah, I hear that a lot from Apple enthusiasts. I'll tell you the same thing I tell them: if I'm paying twice as much for a product, I sure as **** better be getting top flight service for it. My Mac Book pro (if it hasn't been recalled) better get me coffee in the morning for the obscene price I paid for it.

As to that article, the writer is a pure unadulterated shill and a hack, and his piece is about as useless as it gets.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I hear that a lot from Apple enthusiasts. I'll tell you the same thing I tell them: if I'm paying twice as much for a product, I sure as **** better be getting top flight service for it. My Mac Book pro (if it hasn't been recalled) better get me coffee in the morning for the obscene price I paid for it.
This. I just got a friends 4 year old HP Vista Laptop (loaded W8 Preview on it) to come back to life. While talking about it he stated, "and this is why I got a MacBook". So I asked, "what did you pay for that MacBook". $1,100. And that consumer grade HP Laptop. $499. Why would you expect anything else.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

AndersonTom

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, I watched an iphone4 glass shatter last weekend from a rock smaller than a little fingernail, when it was dropped from less than two feet high. Drop tests prove time and again to me that, no matter what they do, these things aren't real world scenarios.

Buddy I do agree with that, actually this things doesn't exist in real world. That's what we say marketing strategy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett