iPhone lost legal claim to name in Mexico

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Apple brought litigation against a company name iFone to try to force them to change their name. iFone is a telecommunications and call answering service doing business in Mexico and Latin America that registered its name in 2003, years prior to the release of the iPhone. The court sided with iFone, but all it means is that iFone can keep their name. Apple will still sell the IPhone there, but they will have to pay iFone some money. Serves Apple right. :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Stupid. No one cares about a Mexican company which obviously got the idea for it's name from Apple anyway. How many things did you see names with a lower-case "i" in front of them before the iMac???

The entire country of Mexico is going down the toilet due to an incredibly bloody drug war anyway. Protecting some crap third world phone company should be the least of their concerns.

I know some people love to hate Apple though, so I'll let you get back to it.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't bashing on Apple, just saying they might have a hard time.

Don't get all butt hurt because your beloved company can't strong arm someone and doesn't own everything in the world. It will be OK. I promise.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Stupid. No one cares about a Mexican company which obviously got the idea for it's name from Apple anyway. How many things did you see names with a lower-case "i" in front of them before the iMac???

The entire country of Mexico is going down the toilet due to an incredibly bloody drug war anyway. Protecting some crap third world phone company should be the least of their concerns.

I don't know, but Cisco had the iPhone name before Apple, but to some other people, Apple is always right, so carry on.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

troll much? Apparently Apple cared seeing as how they tried to squash the company that had the name first and then lost and will now have to pay the company royalties or a settlement...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs