The things we miss about apple and android that windows needs.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey for Android, there is no better keyboard. Both iOS and Android have music and ring volume seprarte. WP8 doesn't, that's a big thing to me.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey for Android, there is no better keyboard. Both iOS and Android have music and ring volume seprarte. WP8 doesn't, that's a big thing to me.

BlackBerry did too...i never thought that WP wouldn't have it until I switched...its something so necessary (like the power button, or speaker LOL) I just never thought to research if it had it...

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Think of an old Nokia phone.
Like the 3310, for example. It has T9.
And, iit's not a keyboard, it's a keypad. Big difference.

And 13 years is also a big difference -- I could understand if WP's had physical buttons, but I don't see the need for this on a touch screen phone.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
A feature I put to great use on my Android phone and even my old Sony Ericsson's that I would love for WP is profiles. Had a number of profiles defined on my Android which would activate at certain times so for example at 08:00am, a work profile would activate that would turn my volume down, WiFi, BT off and then at 05:00pm change to another profile with different settings. I really miss that feature on WP. It was nice to set up all my profiles one time and not have to worry about turning the phone down at night or switching off WiFi when I know I don't need it. Hopefully something like this comes to WP in future.

Another feature I miss from Android is decent data management. Lately my WP phone is using about 10 - 12mb a day and I don't know what is using that data. Have even recently scaled back using the phone during the day and removed some apps such as my RSS reader to try and work out what is using data. Had a great little app on Android that would break down by app and day and time what data is being used. Find it helpfull in micro manageing my data usage. I hope the current data management app on WP gets expanded to something similar. Personally would find it very useful.

Apart from that I am sure I could name lots of other things, some of which are obvious. The two mentioned are rated as a high priority on my wishlist.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry did too...i never thought that WP wouldn't have it until I switched...its something so necessary (like the power button, or speaker LOL) I just never thought to research if it had it...

I don't think you should have to research something like that. It's such a basic "big" feature it should just come with it

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you should have to research something like that. It's such a basic "big" feature it should just come with it

You're right and it never crossed my mind. I've noticed that this OS (though I really love it) has some audio oddities about it.)

1. No separate ringtone/media volumes.
2. The message/email tones are present during a phone call (very weird)
3. Some experience a "stutter" of the ringtone when you answer the call.
4. Some also experience the phone altering the volume setting when powered on/off.
5. No custom message/email tones
6. Some ppl are complaining that callers can't hear them.

All of the above lets me know that there may be a general audio issue for Windows Phones. Hopefully there are nearby fixes.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Swift key, and separate volume controls.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I think that the windows phone keyboard is on par or better than swift key. Swift key lags on some phones. Although windows phone should get a swype function, it helps people with disabilities.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb