iOS7 ...how close to WP?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Please lets keep thos thread clean and no Apple bashing. Just saw WWDC and Its just sinking in...the design is very Apple if u ask me? Buf how close is it to Window Phone?

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not even close. Probably more of a copy of Android if anything. Impressed by the minimalism, but it's lacking feature wise. It'll be very difficult for Apple to re-engineer the iOS interface without requiring devs to rewrite their apps, and that's one thing they won't do.

Last edited:

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Imho something that is made 80% of restyling is not enough to make the revolution apple needed. Then of course most of Apple customers, at least here in Italy, are people who can barely understand IT and hardware. But hey, it has an apple on it and it's overpriced: everyone loves it.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Imho something that is made 80% of restyling is not enough to make the revolution apple needed. Then of course most of Apple customers, at least here in Italy, are people who can barely understand IT and hardware. But hey, it has an apple on it and it's overpriced: everyone loves it.
And the bashing begins.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Just expressed my opinion, which more than opinions most of what I wrote are almost facts. Apple lost a lot on stock and market share for them, all due to lack of innovation. In my opinion is at least something, but nothing really innovative.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
BUT .. they took this one step further and made it easy to close the apps by a simple Swipe up gesture.. Not that lame ( upcoming ) close botton in wp 8.1.

Are you aware that this is probably not anymore like this? It's a 6/7 months (at least) earlier build than what we will actually see. Even the notification center won't be like that. The leaked dev build was just about coding the features, design changes would have come later to fit in the Modern UI and swipe-centered gestures of WP.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
As per the multitasking demo they show in the video, the window quickly goes to the selected screen, instead of how it is done in WP--- like how the "windows" animate in the vertical fashion and then takes you to the screen in a second. IOS7 seems faster for me that way. and IOS7 is already able to close apps(not sure if it closes the apps or just makes the app window vanish from the mutlitasking screen like in Android) by swiping up/down. Something that WP lacks, and is said to introduce the "X" button in the next release(WP8.1) which is at least a solid 6-8 months away.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
BUT .. they took this one step further and made it easy to close the apps by a simple Swipe up gesture.. Not that lame ( upcoming ) close botton in wp 8.1.
If only palm/hp would have patented it, selling it to MS ... Now LG will let this fade into nowhere.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
ios 7 looks good in my opinion. They copied things yes but they have in the last release as well. Copying is the best kind of flattery. I don't like the white backgrounds in all those apps but maybe they will have an option to invert it. The thing that I really don't like is that translucent menu which is cluttered, confusing and just looks ugly.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Looks like a bad skin job to me. Not impressed. They could have at least improved the look of the icons and background by fully embracing the theme rather than halfa$$ it.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Have to see how Apple's stock makes out.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually like what I saw in iOS7. The design approach is definitely minimal and has similarities to WP8, but has a much more polished look to it. I'm curious to get more details about it.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Jerry put up some good thoughts about what Apple's done with iOS 7 over at AC: Apple's iOS 7 'copied' everyone - and that's a good thing | Android Central. To an extent, it definitely is a good thing. The changes and additions they've made to iOS bear resemblance to everything from HTC's 'Sense' Android overlay to webOS, MIUI Android icons, Windows Phone card-like multitasking, and more.

I'm glad that iOS users will get additional good UI/UX elements as well as additional functionality, but I'm more interested in the response by Google and Microsoft (whether directly or indirectly, such as through future hardware and software evolution).

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a bad skin job to me. Not impressed. They could have at least improved the look of the icons and background by fully embracing the theme rather than halfa$$ it.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Have to see how Apple's stock makes out.

I agree, it looks halfassed. It looks really good on some screens. But other screens like the email, etc. it looks really sloppy and really bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire