iOS7 ...how close to WP?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking that their design overhaul is changing how some areas work (lockscreen, call screen, multitasking). But, I'm betting that most of this overhaul is akin to a theme change in Symbian.

Design-wise: Closer to Android than WP.
UI-wise: Far apart.

Would Microsoft sue Apple for this? No.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I love how the backgrounds and the variation of lively colours in the iOS7. I hope that this is the direction WP will go in the future releases. I agree, it's stunning. Now it will look more stunning with tiles in them instead of those static icons. ;)

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I love how the backgrounds and the variation of lively colours in the iOS7. I hope that this is the direction WP will go in the future releases. I agree, it's stunning. Now it will look more stunning with tiles in them instead of those static icons. ;)

I hope not. I think all transparencies and color blotches look like sh!t.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Not even close. Probably more of a copy of Android if anything. Impressed by the minimalism, but it's lacking feature wise. It'll be very difficult for Apple to re-engineer the iOS interface without requiring devs to rewrite their apps, and that's one thing they won't do.

What ?? The biggest rip off is multitasking part and even fonts looks same. Pic gallery, Lock screen,etc. It's a bast@rd of WP and Android. I like some aspects but calling it in a new way is totally bs from apple part and that fake applause for anything they show from audience was laughable. And nobody's talking about sea lion oh sorry mavericks lol.....

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not to impressed with iOS 7, i have a iPod touch 4g and 5g, and the 5g can upgrade to iOS 7.

But i'm not doing it, Apple does innovate but not nearly a much as they used to. My Macbook Air is now the discontinued model...

Oh yeah and OS X Mavericks... What the heck?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
While I like the idea of making those things easily accessible in one location, I'm not a fan of the execution. The Control Center is too busy. I would prefer a design that you swipe in from the left side with tabs for jumping to music control, connectivity, etc. The camera bit is unnecessary since we actually have a button on the device for that.

Not a fan of the Notifications execution either.

I see the purpose in each of those centers, but I don't think Apple did a good job designing them. It looks like a case of "let's shoehorn this stuff in".

Truth is, all of the three major platforms are lacking on some fronts - and often on very different fronts. The IOS screen is still very boring and dead with little customization. Android is all over the place depending on who's phone you buy. WP does need a uniform control center (why not call it "control panel"?) and notifications. I would actually put that option on the control panel, accessed with a swipe from the left.

Frankly, I don't see why Apple didn't just create a whole control screen instead of making the icons (and their colors hidden behind the control center) visible. It's still a part of that "make it feel real" idea by keeping translucence, etc. Just go all in and give them a full screen control panel with a swipe.
i'm really jealous of their control center and notification center :\
View attachment 35543
Microsoft needs to make something like those.^

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, depending on where you look, iOS 7 is either "IM TOTALLY IN!!" Or "Apple dropped the ball."

It looked there were were some cool features, not too sure I will upgrade the os on my 5.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Control Center and Notification Center are epic.

I see a ton of people on here just completely forgotten about WebOS. Multitasking cards are nothing new.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
BUT .. they took this one step further and made it easy to close the apps by a simple Swipe up gesture.. Not that lame ( upcoming ) close botton in wp 8.1.

The build that was found on that ebay 920 was a very very early build, functionality was being tested, not UI. It is most certainly different now.

Agreed...

I agree as well, its nice, and colorful, but its not enough for me to go back to apple at all. I look for functionality before glittery shiny things, and my 920 is the center of all of my electronic ecosystem. This is not stopping my wife from moving to Windows phone either (once her contract is up)

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The build that was found on that ebay 920 was a very very early build, functionality was being tested, not UI. It is most certainly different now.

I agree as well, its nice, and colorful, but its not enough for me to go back to apple at all. I look for functionality before glittery shiny things, and my 920 is the center of all of my electronic ecosystem. This is not stopping my wife from moving to Windows phone either (once her contract is up)
Don't get me wrong there:) im IN LOVE with my 8x and the WP 8 .. Its just feels bad when you can see that it can do so much more but Ms is taking it slowly, lets hope that the leaked build was just an early test thing and the best is still to come. I don't like flashy things either, I'm proud to say that I have never used android as my phone ( sure iv had a lot of time with it) I also had an iPhone 3gs before switching to BlackBerry. 2 of my friends converted from IOS to WP after they had some time with my phone playing around. What they liked was the feel of the OS, not sure what they meant .. But maybe it was the same thing I felt when I first got my eyes on a WP8.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you aware that this is probably not anymore like this? It's a 6/7 months (at least) earlier build than what we will actually see. Even the notification center won't be like that. The leaked dev build was just about coding the features, design changes would have come later to fit in the Modern UI and swipe-centered gestures of WP.
crossing fingers for that to be true!
And Yes, im aware that this in an early built, but don't forget this .. Ms is well knows for removing great features from the early built when the real OS is lunches :)

Any expected date for the new Os release?? WP 8.x I mean ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss