Why do Apple fans have great multitasking on iOS9

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Because "everyone" moaned about the changes that came with the Win8 interface. So Microsoft has back-tracked and is ending up with an interface designed by committee. Which is, of course, a complete cumpuddle.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Because they are really good at copying things and actually make it to work and nicely designed.

I agree 100% for this!

Unlike Microsoft, copying the hamburger menu, but without the swiping from left gesture like Android. Thus making Windows 10 for phone half-baked.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Apple sits out and waits for others to innovate, watches their innovation fail and or be useless, takes the innovation for themselves and perfects it for their own ecosystem. This IMO is smart.

Microsoft should take that for consideration. Not the copying part but the polish/perfection part.

For example, the Surface Pro was criticized for 1. Not having good "lapability" 2.Having poor battery life 3. Being too thick

How can you make a product like this and not tell that it is far from comfortable to use in lap? Microsoft could've very well done something esque of the SP3 kickstand in the original if they had just thought about other ways how they could make it more "lappable", instead of just giving it a fixed kickstand. Poor battery life is also something that could've been avoided first generation. Although thickness may not have. maybe the tech just wasn't there yet? I don't know. It's like the first Surface Pro was rushed IMO

Did they make two half-baked Surface Pro's on purpose? because the problems with them were so unavoidable...

The Surface Pro 3 on the other hand came out Microsoft's womb with the face and heart of an angel... :amaze:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
With regards to Surface lappability, why didn't they just make a kickstand with a continuous hinge on the bottom rather than the middle kind of like the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Your definition of multitasking is different than mine.

I have a tablet. Doesn't mean I want one thing maximized full screen all the time and everything else hidden in background. How is that multitasking?

Show me an iOS machine where I can run multiple apps side by side, or 26 different apps each in their own sizeable window all visible and actually processing simultaneously, then I will take you seriously.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry, Microsoft likes to emulate apple as much as they can so expect them to copy this in Windows 11.... /s

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
With regards to Surface lappability, why didn't they just make a kickstand with a continuous hinge on the bottom rather than the middle kind of like the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2?

Chances are that Lenovo has a patent on that hinge and MSFT has their own patent on the hinge.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
While us stuck on a lousy tablet mode on Windows 10.

Apple fans will have multitasking sometime in September or October. Right now they are on iOS 8 so not real multitasking yet.
As I was following the WWDC my thoughts on seeing the features in iOS 9 were that they copied what MSFT tried to do with Windows 8.1 but wasn't too successful.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Once this is implemented I am expecting the cries of reduced battery life and hot devices.

If Microsoft copied the hamburger menu I'd love to know who from.. The very first versions of windows had a hamburger menu and that was a LONG time ago.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Once this is implemented I am expecting the cries of reduced battery life and hot devices.

If Microsoft copied the hamburger menu I'd love to know who from.. The very first versions of windows had a hamburger menu and that was a LONG time ago.
Lol, its only possible on the new iPad air 2. All the other ios devices cant do split screen multitasking. I don't expect performance or battery complaints at all and this is a good way to 'encourage' people to upgrade to their latest product.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's funny Desktop users complaining completely screwed up Windows on tablets. Now Apple copies all the cool things win 8.1 did on TABLETS and will be praised for being innovative.

Win 8.1 is going to be the win XP for tablets, Win 10 is such a horrible downgraded experience for touch.

Why does MS have to be so stupid? It's like they nerfed Win 10 for Tablet out of spite to try and win Desktop users back, when in reality they could have had "Tablet" mode act like win 8.1 and it would have had ZERO impact on win 10 users in desktop mode.

Last edited:

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
FFS... Windows 10 is NOT FINISHED YET! Any opinion is simply void until it hits that final build. Moan, moan, moan and moan. It gets annoying.

As for multi-tasking in ios9... A haa haaa!

P.s. I own a Air 2 so I'm happy but won't, probably, use the feature. We'll see (It's not as if I used it on the Surface Pro)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yea it's funny Desktop users complaining completely screwed up Windows on tablets. Now Apple copies all the cool things win 8.1 did on TABLETS and will be praised for being innovative.

Win 8.1 is going to be the win XP for tablets, Win 10 is such a horrible downgraded experience for touch.

Why does MS have to be so stupid? It's like they nerfed Win 10 for Tablet out of spite to try and win Desktop users back, when in reality they could have had "Tablet" mode act like win 8.1 and it would have had ZERO impact on win 10 users in desktop mode.

Ironic isn't it that Microsoft discarded their innovative tablet switching feature and apple picks it up to great acclaim. Another fumble by Microsoft.

However seeing as one of their stated aims with Win 10 is to make it easier for ios and android users to switch they may very well bring this feature back...

Last edited:

Eckes309

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
You mean to tell me you won't shop around in Amazon while playing Netflix/Amazon Prime or such PIP? Kinda don't believe you there..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786