Business Contact Manager 2010

dave3211

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Microsoft is planning to provide a client on Windows Mobile 7 for Business Contact Manager 2010.

Windows Mobile 6 had a means to sync to Business Contact Manager 2007, they have not offered any mobile functionality in 2010.

Is this part of the Microsoft silo's, Business Contact Manager has no ability to be able to input data from any smartphone.

Today, choices are Companionlink (will they support Windows Phone 7) and RDP solutions like Log Me in, Citrix, etc

There are still many one person operations that require some form of CRM that either has cloud or sync capabilities!!!

Will Business Contact manager be another lost MS app that receives no mobile love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgraines

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
That is also an issue for me. Just one of many with the WP7. I sync to ACT via Companionlink. I should have researched the phone more before buying it. Hopefully Companionlink will have an app soon.

mikem132

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Bcm 2010

I'm not totally sure this is what you were looking for, but Oulook 2010 now syncs BCM 2010 contacts. Therefore, changing or adding a contact on your phone will sync it with Outlook 2010 on your computer and BCM 2010 contacts. You have to set up this sync in Outlook 2010 (simple---one button). It will suggest syncing contacts with a "business" category, if you have this (that's how I have had Outlook setup for years). BCM 2010 does not sync any activites or accounts---only individual contacts.
If you are like me, this was a major drawback of earlier BCM versions--you had to maintain 2 contact lists. Now you don't.
I am using this now, by the way. It works fine. I sync Outlook with hosted Exchange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes