Pandora question mark?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My guess is, since everyone is complaining about Pandora and multitasking in WP7, they are going to wait until January and see what happens with the update before going ahead with an app. Just my thoughts on the reason.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Last.FM is better. Unlimited skips, no commercials and you can listen to as much of it as you want, unlike Pandora which you have a monthly limit.

And there's an app for it on WP7

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
last fm is already on wp7. is it better, it's personal preference. i like pandora because it has a larger library than last fm.

when will it hit wp7? i remember MS mentioning pandora and multi-tasking in the same paragraph early into wp7 development. my guess is that it will be the first BIG multi-tasking app complete with zune purchase integration.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
last fm is already on wp7. is it better, it's personal preference. i like pandora because it has a larger library than last fm.

when will it hit wp7? i remember MS mentioning pandora and multi-tasking in the same paragraph early into wp7 development. my guess is that it will be the first BIG multi-tasking app complete with zune purchase integration.
I think that's a good guess.

Honestly, last I heard about it, sounded like pandora was still working on it/considering WP7--that was a few weeks ago. Kind of weird.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Pandora wants to write to the raw code of the OS which microsoft has been firm
on note letting them mess with the OS and frankly I'm Glad because my phone works
very well and all apps should be sandboxed ... look at android I beleave antivirus software high on the app download lists for android because anyone can write to the OS
good and bad on this but I got to respect Microsoft on this one because Apps can be writen and work well with out the raw code ofthe OS Exposed just look at Last Fm and
the other apps out there

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Pandora wants to write to the raw code of the OS which microsoft has been firm on note letting them mess with the OS ...
Interesting. I've heard from another developer who said that they're having the same problem as Pandora, but they couldn't say what the problem is--now I'm thinking this is probably the culprit.

Have you heard this in some form of official capacity or just rumor?

RLGL

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't go spreading this around too much, but...

Originally, MSFT was talking to Pandora about an app. However, Pandora was looking for too much money from MSFT, so they told pandora, "fine, screw off then" and went and paid Last.fm, Slacker Radio, and an additional app developer. The multi-tasking thing was an issue, but that's one that all music apps have, so it's not a dealbreaker.

Given some time, I think Pandora will come around, and accept the normal funding for a premium app develper, instead of more than double that.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Originally, MSFT was talking to Pandora about an app. However, Pandora was looking for too much money from MSFT, so they told pandora, "fine, screw off then" and went and paid Last.fm, Slacker Radio, and an additional app developer. The multi-tasking thing was an issue, but that's one that all music apps have, so it's not a dealbreaker.

Given some time, I think Pandora will come around, and accept the normal funding for a premium app develper, instead of more than double that.

If that's true, then I'm with MS, "screw off then". Besides, I never liked Pandora. But that's just me, I'm sure they have their fans. I'm just waiting on MS to bring Smart DJ to our phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos